Hacking Downloading WiiWare from the Interwebs?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I see that some of my favorite sites have various WiiWare titles already available for download, but before I attempt to indulge, I have a few questions.

1. I don't have a modded Wii. Can I load these games directly from my microSD onto a channel play as normal?
2. What are the risks of bricking my Wii because of playing a downloaded-from-the-web WiiWare game?
3. Can Nintendo detect whether or not I'm playing a game I've not downloaded from their Wii Shop Channel?

Thanks

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
irpacynot said:
So, I see that some of my favorite sites have various WiiWare titles already available for download, but before I attempt to indulge, I have a few questions.

1. I don't have a modded Wii. Can I load these games directly from my microSD onto a channel play as normal?
2. What are the risks of bricking my Wii because of playing a downloaded-from-the-web WiiWare game?
3. Can Nintendo detect whether or not I'm playing a game I've not downloaded from their Wii Shop Channel?

Thanks

1. Yes, you will need to use the twilight hack though
2. Not very high. But some people can be barstards. Download from trusted sources
3. Probably, but I don't see them actually doing something about it.

eroki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
i actually did search, yeah and now i found out from where, although now I cant get the wad installer or manager to work, once i do the tp hack i get failed for error -1, oh btw it this the right place for me to post, i'm kind of new here. if this isnt the right place could anyone direct me to where could get an answer, thanks btw

Ub3rSlug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eroki said:
i actually did search, yeah and now i found out from where, although now I cant get the wad installer or manager to work, once i do the tp hack i get failed for error -1, oh btw it this the right place for me to post, i'm kind of new here. if this isnt the right place could anyone direct me to where could get an answer, thanks btw

I had the same exact error. The way around it for me? Try upgrading to the lastest Twilight Hack Version, I thought I was already using it, but apparently not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.