Downloading updates from home menu/eshop?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Robfozz, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Im on 10.5 reiNAND and I cant seem to update any of my games. I was able to update Happy Home Designer for some reason but nothing else works. What happens is the update downloads to like 99% and then I get an error code. I even tried linking my NNID to my emunand and I still get the same error. Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck with scavenging the web for update CIAs that nobody uploads.

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You should try that ios site we are not allowed to name on here they have updates for pretty much every game in cia format.

3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Did you update all of the other games with unsigned update CIAs (i.e. update CIAs from the ISO site) before ever getting any updates from the eShop/home menu itself? If so, that's probably why.

4. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Ive done that for a few of them but not the ones Im trying to update currently.

5. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    It seems like its only not accepting eshop exclusive games. I can update any games that are also available at retail but I cant update things like Colors 3D and VC stuff

6. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    I think the 99%-error happens when you install a cia and then you try to update it through eshop.

7. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    The reason for this is because the 3DS handles updates for small applications different from large ones.
    Small applications update the whole program while large applications download additional content instead that the main program reads from.

You can always download Update Data but not Updated Titles unless you purchase them.

8. TerryG

TerryG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I've had a similar problem when trying to update out of region games. I've never had any problems with games from my region tho, regardless of format.

9. Bros.Life

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    I'm getting the same problem. I've tried to update some titles and only one worked. I tried Pokedex 3D, 3D Classic Excitebike, Terraria and none of them worked. Just Shovel Knight I could update via e-shop.

I thinks is because what @CheatFreak47 said.

10. Sp4rks

Sp4rks Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    France
    I have the same problem, I've updated a bunch of titles but Resident Evil Revelations and Shovel Knight won't update. (N3DSXL Rei 10.5 EmuNAND / SysNAND 9.2)