r4sCaL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was wondering if anyone had tested download play using a game on the G6 Lite. Is it possible to have a combination of one flashed DS and one DS with original firmware, and then a G6 Lite and SuperPass shared between them? By this I mean could the unflashed DS use the G6 and SuperPass and the flashedDS download the game, or would it work with the flashed DS using the G6 Lite and the unflashed DS with just the SuperPass? Is the SuperPass even required in this situation? Could the unflashed DS just download the game while the flashed DS has the G6 Lite in?

I hope you can understand this post as it seems a bit confusing when reading it back and I know what I am trying to ask
tongue.gif
I have not found this question answered anywhere else (especially when relative to the G6 Lite as I read it may be the flash carts which affect if Download Play works or doesn't), and if it has been answered then I am sorry and please just link me to the post
shy.gif

r4sCaL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have read other posts about wireless download play before but I want to know how well it works with the G6 Lite and the roms on it. I have read that it depends on the flash cart, and probably more importantly the patching method that the software uses when putting the rom on to the flash cart. The treads below all have information on it:

What's the downside of Flashme on a ds lite?
Download Play, DS Lite can't host?
ds download play, which ones work o.o

corbs132 said: "not a single one works with g6... im pissed."
BigBoo said: "So yeah, it works fine on G6"

So I have done some searching and the 2 quotes above are all I can find about the G6 (and they may be using an older firmware and software). So the questions I want to know the answers to most are...

1) If an unflashed DS hosts using G6 Lite and PassCard will a flashed DS be able to connect on any game without any problems?
2) Do the problems only start when an unflashed DS is trying to connect and the RSA wireless keys have been changed by the patcher?
3) Does using a PassCard work the same as a DS being flashed or will it make no difference and the DS will connect in the same way as an unflashed DS?

I am trying to decide if its worth buying a PassCard for a friend to help them connect to more games or if I should just save my money. If it is down to the software patcher then could someone please test a few games

BigBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I posted that comment just today actually. I did some further testing, my G6 is the old type but as far as I can tell, G6 and G6 Lite use the same software and firmwares, the only difference is probably the physical size of the unit.

Both my DS's (one old one Lite) are flashed. I was able to successfully play Tetris DS, Mario Kart DS, Point Blank DS, New Super Mario Bros., and LostMagic successfully transferred a demo across. Keep in mind that the host didn't matter as both DS's are flashed, and more interestingly, every rom I tried has been patched with the G6 Manager's DoFat and Trim Rom options. This is contrary to people's assertions with getting M3 to Download Play, they found that you needed to turn all options like that off.

The only rom I tried that I could not get working was Big Brain Academy. I tried it with every combination possible of Trimmed, un-trimmed, Dofat, normal and direct copy. Not sure why, I'll try some other stuff when I can be bothered. Also, I have the most up to date firmware and software.

Hope this info helps.

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the roms that you've tried with download play have all have correct CRC32 number based on release list sites? Maybe bad/patched dumps may not work well? I'm not sure myself, just wanted to add an idea...

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Big Brain Academy works for me, but it took forever to transfer (5-10 minutes). It doesn't matter what cart you use, the receiving DS should have FlashMe to ensure single-card compatibility.

rezen

Trophies
XP
Country
I swear that download play is only changed with FlashMe, not cards or roms...

FlashMe turns off the RSA signiture and thats the problem.

FlashMe firmware
--------------------
Sends out non-RSA Download Play ONLY
Receives RSA/non-RSA Download Play

Standard firmware
----------------------
Sends out RSA Download Play ONLY
Receives RSA Download Play ONLY

I guess that anyone using a PassXXXX device would be labeled under the "Standard Firmware" as well...

Please someone check this out properly (I only have one DS to hand at the moment) and if this is correct... PLEASE STICKY THIS!!! (And possibly add this to the negative points of the FlashMe firmware)

Any takers?

leoedin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
flashme doesn't do it...flashme can send out an RSA signed download play.

Flashme is required to recieve the download play as all current NDS roms must be patched to run, and the patch destroys the RSA signature...

only flashme can play those downloads.

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I tested: Flash: FlashMe v7 (stealth); NoPass: Passcard 3 (w/bootscreen); Flashcart: G6 Lite w/ loader 4.0a (G6 loaders from 4.0a & 4.0b installation packages are the same); Games tested: Mario Kart & New Super Mario Bros. (roms are clean, correct dumps, CRC32 checksums are correct; the 2 games were also bought @ retail store) G6 Patcher was 4.0b with DoFAT, no soft reset)

There were three DS Lites used: 1 w/ nothing done to it, 1 flashed, & 1 w/ NoPass (not flashed). Flashed and NoPass DS Lites had G6 Lites. Testing was done with 2 DS Lites at a time.

I also didn't have time to test NoPass & Flashed DS Lites as pairs, but I assume they should work together.

Download play (single cart):
Flashed DS Lite w/ real game as host for download play with unflashed DS Lite: works
Unflashed DS Lite w/ real game as host for download play with flashed DS Lite: works
Unflashed DS Lite w/ real game as host for download play with NoPass DS Lite: works

Flashed DS Lite w/ rom as host for download play with unflashed DS Lite: does not work
NoPass DS Lite w/ rom as host for download play with unflashed DS Lite: does not work

Multiplay (both DS Lites must have game)
Flashed DS Lite w/ rom as host for multiplay with unflashed DS Lite w/ real game: *forgot
NoPass DS Lite w/ rom as host for multiplay with unflashed DS Lite w/ real game: *forgot (falco123 says works, thanks)

Unflashed DS Lite w/ real game as host for multiplay with Flashed DS Lite w/ rom: works
Unflashed DS Lite w/ real game as host for multiplay with NoPass DS Lite w/ rom: works

Wi-Fi online(for Mario Kart)
Unflashed DS Lite w/ real game: works
Flashed DS Lite w/ real game: works

Flashed DS Lite w/ rom: works
NoPass DS Lite w/ rom: works

I forgot a couple..Anyone know?

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
NoPass DS Lite w/ rom as host for multiplay with unflashed DS Lite w/ real game: *forgot

It works. Just played New Super Mario Bros with my friend, I had Superkey and he had unflashed phat DS. Perfect!

r4sCaL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the testing ceevee! When you have some more time please could you also test:

1) Flashed DS Lite w/ rom as host for download play with NoPass DS Lite
2) NoPass DS Lite w/ rom as host for download play with flashed DS Lite

I am guessing that 2) would work but 1) might not. It would be great if you could confirm this.

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashed DS Lite w/ rom as host for multiplay with unflashed DS Lite w/ real game:  *forgot
NoPass DS Lite w/ rom as host for multiplay with unflashed DS Lite w/ real game:  *forgot (falco123 says works, thanks)
So when some1 has a patched rom, the RSA signature is not messed up in multiplay, but it is messed up in download play? Is RSA sigs only used in download play? Just trying to understand... With my entries on '*forgot' even though I forgot, I thought they wouldn't work because the RSA sig would be destroyed with the rom. But then again I'm not really sending anything because we both have the game (real or rom) right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill