1. SomeRandomWeeb

OP SomeRandomWeeb Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I was playing Super Mario Bros. 3 through the NES virtual console with one of my friends through download play and I began to wonder if it is possible to inject NES ROMs with download play support and if said download play support would work on OFW consoles.

Thanks for any help!

2. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

United States
    Sadly, no. If you inject a game, say battletoads, into the vc game, you still send over smb3 to the other person. Although you could edit the files it sends to the other person, this would make it unsigned and therefore unusable by a non cfw console. I'm not sure if it would work if the other console had cfw though....

3. Lemmingscanfly

Newcomer

Canada
    I was going to start a new thread to ask this same question, but just thought I'd necrobump this one instead to ask if anyone has figured out anymore answers in the 2 years since this question was asked. Pardon me if this was a mistake.

4. Flame

Flame Me > You

dont think this is possible.

5. Lemmingscanfly

Newcomer

Canada
    Figured as much, although I'm sure it's probably just a matter of finding out where the packaged rom that gets sent over through download play is stored, but I haven't got the knowhow to find it.

6. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Maybe? Not sure if both parties need the same copy of the injected NES VC.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Injection, Download, Enabled