Download DLC if banned?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Chizurd, May 30, 2017.

1. Chizurd
    OP

Chizurd Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    United States
    So I unlinked my NNID from my 3ds, thanks to a guide another user posted, so I didn't have to factory reset (Did it just in case some how my switch gets banned, I know I'm being paranoid) and downloaded a bunch of games since all of mine are no longer on my system. But no I have a question... How do I get DLC? It won't let me connect to the Internet, so I can't download them. I'm trying to get all the DLC for Monster Hunter 3, MH4U, and MHGen, but can't since I can't connect to the servers. Is there a way around this? The DLC isn't on the freeshop, so I can't get it there. What should I do?

2. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Did you try going to your games list in freeshop, tapping the game, and tapping the DLC button? That's how you get DLC for games in Freeshop. Other than that you could always use FBI to download and install DLC.

3. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Download wii u usb helper, and fill in the title database sites, most of the DLC is on there, wii u and 3ds also.

I would recommend not using freeshop or ciangel, use your computer, unless you have no other option.

Last edited by wicksand420, May 30, 2017
  4. sorabora

sorabora Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Mind linking that guide? Thanks.

5. Chizurd
    OP

Chizurd Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    United States
    Sure! This is the guide I used! Just be aware that unlink in your NNID from your 3ds will erase your save data.

https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#rm_nnid

But the freeshop doesn't have the option to download DLC for any of the Monster Hunters, only updates unfortunately. Could you link a guide as how to get DLC for games that have it locked behind a server like monster hunter? I don't even know where to start.

sorabora likes this.
  6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    If you know somebody with cfw, you can backup your save, send it to them, have them import it, Download the dlc, and send it back to you. Dlc is stored in extdata for MH so having someone send you a save works. I'll do it for you of you really have no other option. Except mhgen, i dont have enough space for another mh game, i already deleted it to make room for mhxx. If you want, you can transfer your mhgen save to mhxx and then send your mhxx save to me.

Last edited by Giodude, May 30, 2017