Homebrew [Downgrading] Questions

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There appears to be a fair bit of confusion on what downgrading actually does aside from lowing the system firmware version, so I have some questions for those with any experience with this. This may also help to have some answers and perhaps others could ask questions too? This is all just a relatively new thing is all. Some questions may not be related directly, but they sort of connect with the usual procedure most appear to follow.

Do successful downgrades render your friend code unusable?
Do all installed applications and games remain once a downgrade has succeeded + do they work?
Is accessing the eShop with the same NNID after a downgrade possible? +
Is it also possible to download owned digital games from there?
If on a n3DS, does having emuNAND on 9.5 restrict anything that o3DS users on 10.3 emuNAND have? (mostly regarding online and local play of games)

I'm sorry if this thread is a nuisance at all to anyone. I'm new with a lot of this so please forgive me if I've made a mistake at all.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm by no means an expert, but here's my experience! ^_^

First off, you really want to downgrade so you can use Emunand! Downgrade to 9.2 SysNand, then install RXTools or Gateway and setup Emunand 10.3. Then you need to install DevMenu so you can install the 9.2 browser to give yourself Spider functionality.

Friend code works. You may lose some save data. Mii Plaza data survived the process, but Pokemon Shuffle save data did not...your results may vary. Your Nintendo ID will carry back and forth through the process, so you can access & download things as normal (not on 9.2 by itself, but using emunand 10.3 or an entry like Ninjhax or OOTHax)

I did an o3DS, so this may or may not be relevant to n3DS.

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I'm by no means an expert, but here's my experience! ^_^

First off, you really want to downgrade so you can use Emunand! Downgrade to 9.2 SysNand, then install RXTools or Gateway and setup Emunand 10.3. Then you need to install DevMenu so you can install the 9.2 browser to give yourself Spider functionality.

Friend code works. You may lose some save data. Mii Plaza data survived the process, but Pokemon Shuffle save data did not...your results may vary. Your Nintendo ID will carry back and forth through the process, so you can access & download things as normal (not on 9.2 by itself, but using emunand 10.3 or an entry like Ninjhax or OOTHax)

I did an o3DS, so this may or may not be relevant to n3DS.
Although i'm using a n3DS, you answered quite a lot of my questions and i'm sure your info will be useful to someone so thank you!

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive me if this is obvious. I mostly just want a yes or no answer.
If downgrade everything to 9.2 then update my emunand to 9.5 on a n3DS, will I be able to play online and/or Local play with other people for games Like Smash or Pokemon if they aren't homebrewed at all and are at 10.X?

Piluvr

Yeeeet
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this is obvious. I mostly just want a yes or no answer.
If downgrade everything to 9.2 then update my emunand to 9.5 on a n3DS, will I be able to play online and/or Local play with other people for games Like Smash or Pokemon if they aren't homebrewed at all and are at 10.X?
If you install the update to the game, be it cia or eshop spoof, yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative