Hacking Downgrading Nintendo 2DS from 11.2.0-35E to 9.2.0-20E

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I finally finished it and everything is working. Except my R4i RTS 3DS Card. Its really sad but its still worth it :)

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes unfortunately I am. The Tutorial said it i can do it without any worries. Seems like it didnt consider R4 Cards :D

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying: EmuNAND is NOT emulated NAND. It's redirected NAND, a clone of the SysNAND stored in a different place, and handled by the the Arm11 processor just like SysNAND.

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If u have a9lh+luma3DS the card should work, i have a card that officially supports till 9.3, it works for me, the card should work fine

Unfortunately I belong to those who have problems to run it. I have a9lh*luma3ds. Thats what my Lumaupdater said. I already have cia files injected in my home menu etc. But i get a black screen when i run Luma3ds in Homebrew. than again if I hold SELECT while booting, it will show me LUMA3DS Configurations.

There it says if i check this and holt L or R etc. bla bla bla in System it will show me the Firmware version and if its SYS, Emu, EMux, SysE etc. it doenst matter what I do, it always show Sys 11.3.

Have I done something wrong?

Just saying: EmuNAND is NOT emulated NAND. It's redirected NAND, a clone of the SysNAND stored in a different place, and handled by the the Arm11 processor just like SysNAND.

Really? Thats so weird coz I always thought its not only a clone. it also emulate it, else we would be able to run anything on it. because just a clone in a computer world is not enough. I always thought it also emulates the NAND(intern storage etc.) and thats why we can run programs etc. :)

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately I belong to those who have problems to run it. I have a9lh*luma3ds. Thats what my Lumaupdater said. I already have cia files injected in my home menu etc. But i get a black screen when i run Luma3ds in Homebrew. than again if I hold SELECT while booting, it will show me LUMA3DS Configurations.

There it says if i check this and holt L or R etc. bla bla bla in System it will show me the Firmware version and if its SYS, Emu, EMux, SysE etc. it doenst matter what I do, it always show Sys 11.3.

Have I done something wrong?

Do u have Luma3DS 6.6?

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Attachments

• 20170315_184413.jpg
    20170315_184413.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 120

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
In this step on 3ds.guide:

Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
  • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
it says just to enable this option, try that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If that does not work try this:

https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken

Reactions: dahood

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I followed ever step on 3ds.guide. as u can see in the picture i have alrady enabled "Show nand or user string in system".

But the second link looks damn interesting. That might be the solution coz I also think some functionality is broken and nees to be fixed again. Will try it later home.

Btw. In one youtibe tutorial someone said that he used the previous version of Luma3ds coz the newst is not working. But. or me everythibt is actally working. There are just some bugs needed to be fixed i hope :)

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Thats so weird coz I always thought its not only a clone. it also emulate it, else we would be able to run anything on it. because just a clone in a computer world is not enough. I always thought it also emulates the NAND(intern storage etc.) and thats why we can run programs etc. :)

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/NAND_Redirection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I followed ever step on 3ds.guide. as u can see in the picture i have alrady enabled "Show nand or user string in system".

But the second link looks damn interesting. That might be the solution coz I also think some functionality is broken and nees to be fixed again. Will try it later home.

Btw. In one youtibe tutorial someone said that he used the previous version of Luma3ds coz the newst is not working. But. or me everythibt is actally working. There are just some bugs needed to be fixed i hope :)

do NOT downgrade Luma3DS it will only cause trouble, stay on 6.6

And have you tried just enabaling "Show nand or user string in system", so no other options enabled?

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do NOT downgrade Luma3DS it will only cause trouble, stay on 6.6

And have you tried just enabaling "Show nand or user string in system", so no other options enabled?

Ohh! No i havend done this yet. Will do it once i am home. And I also read that my RTS 3D card schould actually work. So seems somethibt is missing. I spend yesterday in the morning till today 11am to install homebrew, A9LH etc. So ot might be I forgot something. Maybe coz i was just to tired.

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ohh! No i havend done this yet. Will do it once i am home. And I also read that my RTS 3D card schould actually work. So seems somethibt is missing. I spend yesterday in the morning till today 11am to install homebrew, A9LH etc. So ot might be I forgot something. Maybe coz i was just to tired.

I hope it will get sorted out, these things can be annoying as fuck

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I just followed this troubleshooting link. I followed the instruction for DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide and Removing an NNID without formatting the device.

Now it doenst show me an error message anymore or forcing to reboot it when i start my r4i rts 3ds card. But still not working. it shows me black screen, then white and than black screen again. But at least i can close it with Home Button. Now I am pretty sure I need the newest firmware. Still weird coz with the same firmware it worked 3 days ago before i started to homebrew it etc.

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No everything is working fine. If someone uses the search function here and have the same problem, i hope he will get helped through this thread. I used the kernel from this site http://r4town.com/pages/R4i-Gold-Kernel.html. Its still weird coz its the same Kernel I download from the official site. At least everything is working now. Thanks a lot. This took me about 3 days, but now its over and its worth it :)

Reactions: Oleboy555

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
No everything is working fine. If someone uses the search function here and have the same problem, i hope he will get helped through this thread. I used the kernel from this site http://r4town.com/pages/R4i-Gold-Kernel.html. Its still weird coz its the same Kernel I download from the official site. At least everything is working now. Thanks a lot. This took me about 3 days, but now its over and its worth it :)

Glad it is fixed :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally