Hacking Downgrading IOS 15 on 4.3 Virgin wii

Worked for you?

• Yes (with no freezes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (once freezed in IOS 15 reloading)

• Yes (twice freezed in IOS 15 reloading)

• Yes (more than twice freezed in IOS reloading)

• No

• Total voters

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiCrazy said:
Do not attempt before awaiting confirmation from a few people who are protected with bootmii!
3. Install IOS 41 using wad manager, it's a ninty signed IOS and it will gracefully install with non-trucha IOS

I have a very basic question for the above -> Install IOS41 using wad manager .....

If your Wii has been upgraded to 4.3 by using on-line upgrade (not by Waninkoko's Firmware
updater 4.3b) , how can you use wad manager ? or I should ask which wad manager can
you use ? As we know normally wad manager needs to use either IOS36 or IOS249 or 250
or any 'trucha' IOS to install other IOS. Is there a special wad manager can do this ???

Just curious ........

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
WiiPower said:
Crap! You just killed my last resort. I hoped that this stays a "secret" until there's really no way around it. I had this idea when i thought that TBR was dead on the 4.2 update, as i also noticed that the korean IOS aren't stubs on non korean Wiis as one could expect.

Let's hope we can get TT to use this as well, so in case they find another powerful bug, they can safe it for the next update.

PS: I never tried this myself, i think the korean IOS should work on non korean Wiis, but i don't know for sure. Could be some korean common key thing.

What a lame way to react,
"secret" ? Are you implying you or someone else told me this? Just figured it out and tested it on my own... Btw if you are thinking TT will resort to such a workaround you are not very well informed around them I guess.

You got me wrong. I didn't tell anybody about it, and i'm not angry at you. It's just that it was nice to know there's still some way to do this that's currently not used by anybody. And i didn't imply you would need help to figure this one out, it's that much obvious. It shows again about much nintendo fails in only fixing stuff when it's used.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
This is going to stubbed like immediately, they don't even need to push a new SM, just a stubbed IOS41.

Well they can only stub it if it is not needed by any other title. Otherwise what they would need to do is push v3606 into the USA, JPN, and EUR updates.

This applies to IOS43, IOS45, and IOS46 as well.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
If your Wii has been upgraded to 4.3 by using on-line upgrade (not by Waninkoko's Firmware
updater 4.3b) , how can you use wad manager ? or I should ask which wad manager can
you use ? As we know normally wad manager needs to use either IOS36 or IOS249 or 250
or any 'trucha' IOS to install other IOS. Is there a special wad manager can do this ???

You only need an IOS with the trucha bug or patched to not check signatures if the content is fake signed. This is an official IOS from nintendo, so it is properly signed and thus can be installed without a hacked IOS. Just start (waninkoko's) wad managaer with Indiana Pwns or Stack Smash, and it should install using any (non-stubbed) IOS.

Edit:
fogbank said:
QUOTE(Supercool330 @ Jun 29 2010, 04:39 PM) This is going to stubbed like immediately, they don't even need to push a new SM, just a stubbed IOS41.

Well they can only stub it if it is not needed by any other title. Otherwise what they would need to do is push v3606 into the USA, JPN, and EUR updates.

They are only used on Korean Wiis, thus no USA, JPN, or EUR games should use them, thus it is completely safe to push a stub to those regions.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
airline38 said:
Just curious ........
Indy PWNS or Smash Stack.

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Jun 30 2010, 08:19 AM) Do not attempt before awaiting confirmation from a few people who are protected with bootmii!
ps3: If you are noob, do not attempt to do this, just wait TT to release new bootmii
I still think that's a contradiction, especially for a virgin Wii like you title states.

I've got Indy and can use it to test but I don't feel like losing BootMii. Sure, I can install the SM using WADManager and NUS Downloader, but that doesn't make it a virgin Wii.

Anyway, I'll try to do some testing.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
Edit:
fogbank said:
Supercool330 said:
This is going to stubbed like immediately, they don't even need to push a new SM, just a stubbed IOS41.

They are only used on Korean Wiis, thus no USA, JPN, or EUR games should use them, thus it is completely safe to push a stub to those regions.
Yes but there isn't a separate update server for KOR, so they would need non-stubbed versions online for KOR and stubbed versions online for JPN, USA, and EUR (seems unlikely). Why do that when they can just put the latest version online for all regions?

Techrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm feeling pretty brave ATM. It doesn't seem like this has been tested a lot, but from what I've read it sounds pretty simple and like it should work.

I wasn't thinking and updated a WII before attempting to hack it. Stupid.

Still, it looks like if I do what you say here, combined with:

******I POSTED A NO-NO LINK******

Only modifying MMM to use IOS 36 after I use TBR on it, it should all work and be happy happy. So, as soon as I can get to Blockbuster and get a copy of Lego Indy I'll do it. In the mean time I'll keep scanning this forum. Unfortunately I don't have bootmii or anything installed, so this will be fun fun
biggrin.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With this patched IOS36 could you install priiloader, enable the disable block JODI hack, install older version of IOS34, then run the hackmii installer and install HBC ?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that is what can be done, unless some of the other IOS changes had blocked any homebrew channel exploits

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fogbank said:
Supercool330 said:
Edit:
fogbank said:
Supercool330 said:

Yes but there isn't a separate update server for KOR, so they would need non-stubbed versions online for KOR and stubbed versions online for JPN, USA, and EUR (seems unlikely). Why do that when they can just put the latest version online for all regions?

Why would they even have KOR IOS on JPN/USA/EU servers if they had a seperate server for KOR ...

OT: nice job WiiCrazy if this is working
smile.gif
and I think it sounds logic enough to work.

Techrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read all the other homebrew updates are working, and they have patched and updated priiloader. Everything looks to be working on systems that were hacked pre-4.2 then updated to 4.3 then fixed using Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack. The only issue was that that fix required trucha patched IOS' to work. With this you can patch an IOS on a box that hasn't been previously hacked. And from what I've read it works, just hasn't been completely tested.

smuddge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have ios41 installed but i can't get tbr to boot from smashstack. keeps giving me progrma returned to loader reloading sd card not found -2 error. not sure if this is my tbr elf or if my sd card is bad. any help her?e

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
elmariachi said:
fogbank said:
Supercool330 said:
Edit:
fogbank said:
Supercool330 said:

Why would they even have KOR IOS on JPN/USA/EU servers if they had a seperate server for KOR ...

OT: nice job WiiCrazy if this is working
smile.gif
and I think it sounds logic enough to work.

Well, there is no seperate server for KOR. All regions query the same update server, and all regions download the listed updates, if current version installed is absent or less than version listed in query. All regions use the same download server to download the content. The only thing that determines what the update server returns on the Query, is the 3 char region code the wii sends to it.

Nintendo can indeed have both latest version and stubs on the nus content storage server, with something like IOS41v3606 for KOR wiis, and IOS41v3840 for non KOR wiis. When the wii queries the update server, what version of the IOS it would be told to download would ultimately be listed based on the region that made the query. (THe wii already does this, for system menu, which is currently v512/513/514/518 for JAP/USA/EUR/KOR respectively.)

Techrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kk, I'm stupid, when I run Wad manager it asks for an IOS to use to install the IOS 41. When I choose one it crashes.. I'll have to read the dang page, I'm sure theres something stupid I'm missing.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Techrev said:
kk, I'm stupid, when I run Wad manager it asks for an IOS to use to install the IOS 41. When I choose one it crashes.. I'll have to read the dang page, I'm sure theres something stupid I'm missing.

Try using IOS36.

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it would work as long as you don't select a stubbed IOS. It's an official Nintendo IOS so it will install no matter what pretty much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety