Downgrading 3ds 10.3.0-28E

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Virdoo, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

I've got 3ds on 10.3.0-28E and tried to downgrade it with menuhax, browserhax but it always got stuck on the part where I need to press y button to start downgrading. Screen just freezes and I'm unable to do anything except holding power button and turn my console off. Does anyone had problem like that and how did he fixed it? Also if someone has great tutorial how to downgrade old 3ds from 10.3.0 to 9.2 I would be really thankful.

2. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
  3. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Thanks, I've seen this tutorial already and tried it. Also happened the same thing, it got stuck on part where i need to press Y button.

4. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    Are you using the latest version of sysupdater/SafeSysUpdater?

Do you have the correct update files for your console?

Make sure these are correct, then post in the other thread, because there are too many of these threads cluttering the forum atm.

5. Rhapsody

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    After confirming the above two points, you need to provide more information; you say it's getting stuck, but how? Is it showing the text but not responding? Is it freezing during initialization?

6. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    To make it simple at most, I will describe process of downgrading. I've installed browser hax on my 3ds. After it on root of my SD i made folder called ''updates'' and extracted all cias from 9.2 update. Also I made 3ds folder and into it pasted sysupdater. That should be it for pasting on SD card. After it I put my SD into 3ds and load browserhax, which leads to sysupdater where screen loads and it probably gets stuck there. I've tried to press other buttons except Y and nothing happens.

7. CloudStrife1901

CloudStrife1901 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    mine is freezing on this part, n3ds

Attached Files:

8. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I have updated sysupdater to 0.4.2 and now when I'm trying to downgrade I got error with ''failed to get CIA file info!''

9. Rhapsody

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    Try using menuhax as your entrypoint instead.

10. LinkFan16

LinkFan16 I link them all

Mar 15, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I had a similar problem today while downgrading my O3DS. It took me 3-5 tries to get sysupdater finally working. What I did was launch the homebrew launcher with menu hacks and starting sysupdater from there. The time it finally worked I pressed the Y Button 3 times (with a pause of 1-2 seconds between each button press) until the message "getting cia files" appeared on screen. From there on I let it do it's thing and succesfully downgraded to 9.2. Maybe I was lucky, but you might try pressing the Y Button more than once.

11. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Well yea, thanks a lot for suggestions guys, but I'm still not unable to get out of this problem. I will try to use another hax, hopefully it will work.

12. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Yea, I keep getting error ''failed to get CIA file info!'', someone help?

13. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
  14. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Didn't helped:/

15. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    hmmm :unsure: Keep trying. It can take many tries but I know of people that were getting that error and that build work for them. Good luck.

16. LOLIPOP_MASTER

LOLIPOP_MASTER GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2015
    Iceland
  17. - Bangerz

- Bangerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    France
    I have exactly the same problem as Virdoo
    LoliPop i tried with that version but still doesn't work when i click on Y or any other button nothing happens

18. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I managed to downgrade it with this video . Try to use his sysupdater. Also i had to retry 3-4 times because it got stuck but finally after 2 days I managed to get it down to 9.2. Good luck

19. - Bangerz

- Bangerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    France
    I tired this it didn't work and now my 3ds can't even read what's on my Sd card i had ACNL in it and now it doesn't read it what should i do ? D:

20. - Bangerz

- Bangerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    France