Hacking Downgraded my Wii to install the cIOS for the Back Up Launcher but Ani

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to install the cIOS needed for the back-up launcher I had to downgrade my Wii which was at 3.3Uv2 (or 3.3Uv3?) after the update from Animal Crossing I did back in December. Well, I took care of that using this method and it worked just fine (though in the Wii System Data it still says 3.3U). Anyway, now Animal Crossing wants to update again. I'm pretty sure the back up launcher still works with 3.3Uv2, right? It just can't be installed? As long as it's not the 3.4 update where Nintendo can update the Wii whenever they want, I don't mind updating.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the system menu still says 3.3, you didn't downgrade correctly. If you did, you could install starfall or preloader for disc update skipping. For now it's recommend to stay at 3.2 and don't accept any updates neither disc nor online ones.

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if I didn't downgrade why was I able to install the back up launcher? It wasn't able to install on the version I had it. And if it didn't downgrade why is Animal Crossing asking me to update again? Unless it's trying to get me to upgrade to 3.4 now. Or if I'm at an earlier version of 3.3 and it's trying to get me back to how I had it. it's strange because after I did the downgrade method, Animal Crossing still opened up in the disc channel no problem. But now it wants me to update.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
C... Softmii isn't the answer to all problems!

If you could install the cIOS, but it still says you are at 3.3, you did downgrade your IOS, but not the system menu. If the game still wants an update, the downgrade process might have deleted IOS38. If that's the case, install it manually with WAD Manager.

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see, it wasn't 3.3 itself that was blocking the back up launcher installation but the cIOS I had and the dowgrader got rid of that IOS which is why Animal Crossing wants to update again.

So would you recommend just getting an actual system menu downgrader and going back to 3.2 and installing Starfall?

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
star fall or preloader preloader has the better hacks in it and better brick protection
but ya get to 3.2 every thing runs better

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see.

The update Animal Crossing is trying to do is for Wii Speak to work. IOS38 is used to enable to use of Wii Speak. I guess I better get that.

EDIT: Huh. I installed the IOS38 with the Wad Manager but Animal Crossing still wants me to update.

EDIT EDIT: I just went ahead and did the Animal Crossing update because all it was doing was enabling Wii Speak to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone