Hacking Downgraded a friend's Wii from 3.4U to 3.2U, now GH:WT wants to up

ringorinfret

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: title should say that guitar hero : world tour wants to UPDATE the system

I guess the worst that could happen is lose the launcher (wiigator) or HBC ? please let me know as I have to advise this person. I looked up the update contained on GH:WT and it seems to be 3.1 v4 ?? wth is that? and why would it update if the system is at 3.2U....??

see http://wum.talevas.com/?page=dev for update list

thanks for your help

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i am also curious about this.

If i block the updates, will i still be able to play? Does GH:WT require some other files?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GHWT uses IOS37. Either you don't have it, or have downgraded to 3.2 and the system menu doesn't think you have it. Easiest solution is to just let the update happen, it won't hurt anything.

ringorinfret

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys,

I guess we will update and see, the suggestion that an IOS is missing could be true but I followed the procedure and all was great. Its just running the original GH:WT disk that wants to update the system. strange

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like I said, when you force a downgrade the system menu tends to forget you already have IOS37 (or 38, 51, anything higher than 36). The game needs it to run so it prompts for the update.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually installing the disk update check with starfall is highly recomended. period. If you downgraded all those things are in place just not noted by the system menu it's self or is an older version. It should have no trouble playing the game. If it does than I guess you can update but otherwise you should be just fine.

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enable disc updates in starfall, then accept the updates off the original disc. disable disc updates in starfall. check system menu .. conclude you are still on 3.2 and GH WT actually works =)

i know because i found out myself.

wiidata.net

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got a 1st gen wii and a wiifree modchip
i had a rly old firmware

now that ive updated the wii using gh:wt the wii says something like "unknown device" when i wanna start gh!
what can i do about this? downgrade?
frown.gif

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same problem. And indeed solved it by enabling disc updates in starfall en disabling them again after I update from the GH WT disc. Everything still works (HBC, Gamma loader)

I downgraded a number of Wii's now using Emperor of Canada's tutorial. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

The tutorial suggest to install IOS38-64-v3609.wad. I usually install it, but I might have skipped it for this guy. Could anyone confirm that that might be the cause of the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: