Tutorial  Updated

Downgrade to 6.2 with no NAND backup, get ReiNX back!

A lot of people seem confused on this subject. As was I about an hour ago. Thought i'd make a thread and (hopefully) help out a few people who are out of the loop or just plain can't resist the urge to update.

This thread may become irrelevant in the near future due to added 7.0 support
This should also help people interested in playing warez get their games and the ability to install NSP games back.
This guide assumes you are a ReiNX user who has updated their switch.

If you have updated to 7.0 as a ReiNX user you are either in the following two situations:
Situation 1:
Your switch cannot boot into a CFW due to having set up with ReiNX and not having 7.0 support

Situation 2:
You are using another CFW and cannot use any of your previously installed NSP games.

Follow this guide and get ReiNX back:

1. Download the latest release of Atmosphere CFW
  2. Extract the .zip onto your SD
  3. Download ChoiDujourNX and put it on your SD
  4. Find Nintendo Switch FW 6.2.0 somewhere or extract it from a game. (more info on how to do that in the release thread)
  5. Put your firmware files on your SD card in a folder named 6.2 FW
  6. Download hbl.nsp and put it in the atmosphere folder on your SD
  7. Enter RCM and launch fusee-primary.bin from the Atmosphere github page in step 1
  8. Launch the HBL by entering the album
  9. Launch ChoiDujourNX
  10. Choose Folder 6.2 FW as your install source
  11. Wait on OFW 6.2 to install make sure to choose the exFAT option if you have an exFAT formatted SD card
  12. Your switch should reboot into atmosphere, or be off at this point.
  13. Make sure your switch is on FW 6.2 if it is powered on.
  14. Turn off the switch and enter RCM and launch ReiNX.bin (which you should have from your previous install)
Enjoy! And don't update this time! A good tip is to keep your switch in Airplane mode so that the update does not auto download.
ReiNX should work as intended at this point.

Last edited by IHOP,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On I think, because I can't boot into OFW, but I don't know how to remove it.
If I go into the OFW there will be no problem because of the efuses or something like that ?
That's exactly my question, I imagine going from 6.2 to 7.0 burns fuses, if you downgrade to 6.2 knowing you have burned fuses wouldn't allow to boot to OFW I think :v I don't know.

D

Deleted User

My results:

7.01 downgrade to 6.2

CFW still works
OFW wont load with auto rcm off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I think I lost my switch ...

Did you do the 12-15 seconds power hold before trying cfw again?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My results:

7.01 downgrade to 6.2

CFW still works
OFW wont load with auto rcm off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you do the 12-15 seconds power hold before trying cfw again?

Thank God you confirmed this, I rather wait for SXOS to release their 7.0 support xDDD don't want to lose my Switch..

I have another question. If let's say, for the next firmware update I update thru ChoudjorNx (can't write the name xD) no burning fuses... Would this mean I can't boot to OFW as well.? I dont ry understand that fuses thing.

D

Deleted User

I'm trying it with the new atmosphere version, I tried the old one and the ReiNX one.
I didn't know about the 15 sec power hold, so I'll try it with this three CFW.

Is it normal that it take almost a minute to just see the "switch" logo ?

Boot is delayed especially the 1st boot sometimes. Never a minute though. Make sure your SD card is good.

Batouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
None of the CFW works, (tried atmosphere for 6.2, ATS 7.0.1, ReiNX 2.0 and SX OS 2.5.3) still have the "an error occured" while starting ...
I'm so mad that I lost my switch for an (exFAT) on choidujournx ...

Can you give me your discord or something like that, if you're fine with it of course ?

Last edited by Batouu,

IHOP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if i'm wrong, but I could've sworn one of the main focuses of ChoiDujourNX was to not burn fuses? If you selected the wrong format for your SD card, which i would have no idea why lol, then re update via OFW and restart the process. Black screen should mean AutoRCM is activated. To deactivate autoRCM download hekate and in options disable it.

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried downloading with 9 burned fuses to run Atmosphere 0.8.3. Switch boots up but I get an error with Atmosphere. Note that I used firmware 6.2.0-1.7

YoungOdie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, forgot to check my fuse count and bricked my system. Hopefully, there is a way to restore back without the Nandbackup.

PrEtZaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
None of the CFW works, (tried atmosphere for 6.2, ATS 7.0.1, ReiNX 2.0 and SX OS 2.5.3) still have the "an error occured" while starting ...
I'm so mad that I lost my switch for an (exFAT) on choidujournx ...

Can you give me your discord or something like that, if you're fine with it of course ?

Just curious do you see the SEPT logo when booting your switch?

I used choidujour (PC Version) to downgrade from 7.0.1 back to 6.1 and noticed it was booting trying to use SEPT, used hekate 4.6 and it all worked fine......once booted able to use hekate 4.8 again.

You'll need the hekate 4.6 bin payload as well as the bootloader folder that comes with that version......

BTW your switch is far from bricked

Last edited by PrEtZaL,

Assassin286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For SX OS-Users on 7.0.0-7.0.1OFW who wants EmuNand with 6.2.0:

1. Follow the tutorial to the latest step. (Your console will not boot up either with or without AutoRCM, only with Atmosphere, thats the problem)
2. If you are on 6.2.0 now, you can now create a EmuNAND with SX OS, it will boot up just fine.
3. Restore your normal NAND backup you made before starting this Tutorial
4. Now you can Boot UP 7.0.0 on the official way (not only with Atmosphere) and you have a good working EmuNAND on 6.2.0 with SX OS
5. Have Fun :)

Reactions: IHOP

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yup, forgot to check my fuse count and bricked my system. Hopefully, there is a way to restore back without the Nandbackup.
Did you make it work again? Pm if you need to.

I finally got it running and functioning after a lot of work. If atmosphere isnt working, you have to reset to factory your switch. I could post a tutorial later on if someone needs help.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.