Hacking Downgrade launcher with updated emuNAND

kimdoocheol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, I have seen that it is as easy as switching out the launcher.dat to downgrade, however, I haven't seen what to do if you have a partitioned SD with EmuNAND. If I replace the launcher.dat, can I just replace it still or will that cause issues since older versions do not have EmuNand?

Thanks for the help

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have issues with 2.0b1. Mainly I think SDK 5+ games don't work on 7.1 EmuNand. Best solution is to have two SD cards, one with EmuNand and one with 2.0b1.

Or you can create an image of your SD card with win32diskimager, format it with a tool to make it one partition, then use 2.0b1 without emunand. If GW ever comes out with an update that remove the bricking code you can just flash back your SD image and drag and drop the new launcher.dat (Make sure you backup your saves before overwriting your SD card of course.)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
So pretty much if I used 1.2 there would be no issues, but if I use 2.0b1 there would be issues due to EmuNand.

I don't think you'll have issues with Emunand itself on 2.0b1, but that firmware is just terribly buggy in general...

1.2 will give you no issues with Emunand, it's not programmed to know it exists.

gabest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I saved my sd card with 2.01b/6.3 into a file, just before upgrading gateway and the firmware to the latest, which I restored today to avoid bricking, and I got a funny idea while doing it. The new sd card file has the latest 7.1, it can access the eshop and other stuff, what if I replaced launcher.dat with old one, could 2.01b boot 7.1?

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am just using the 1.2 launcher and left the emunand partition untouched. It works fine. When there will be a clean and stable release for the emunand I will be able to use the emunand again by just copying the new installer. The working features of the 2.01b1 emunand are not really worth dealing with the bugs of 2.01b.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer