Hacking Downgrade for System Menu 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashilx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WOOOOHOOOO!!! I DID IT!!!!! Downgraded to 3.3U without any problems!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! BIIIIIG THANKS!

P.S. Now when I'm on 3.3U what I need to do the next?

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
IOS Downgrader, and cIOS Downgrader take to long. I wait hours and it is still running. How can I perform an offline downgrade? I tried anyregion changer and it didnt work. Please help.

Desecrator

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
my first post
smile.gif

I tried and get stuck in step 11... DAMN.

On step 10 i also get error -116, which means no internet-connection. so i waited till the symbol stops to blink and stays white.
ok, worked. IOS Downgrade run through with no problems.

then i want to start cIOS Downgrader, but its not possible, because again error -116. But the real problem is, that my HBC doestn get any internet-connection anymore...

but my wii IS online. when i do a internet-test, it works perfectly... i also can play online...

what can i do now?

thank you guys!

Russ Meter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thankyou so much for this. I stupidly upgraded to 4.0 (no cIOS installed)with out doing the reading first. I can now use the USB loader

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RecklessReaperr said:
IOS Downgrader, and cIOS Downgrader take to long. I wait hours and it is still running. How can I perform an offline downgrade? I tried anyregion changer and it didnt work. Please help.
Open a disc such as Mario Kart, SSBB or WiiFit containing the 3.1 update with WiiScrubber, copy all the IOS WADs on the SD and install them.

Desecrator

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Desecrator said:
Hello,
my first post
smile.gif

I tried and get stuck in step 11... DAMN.

On step 10 i also get error -116, which means no internet-connection. so i waited till the symbol stops to blink and stays white.
ok, worked. IOS Downgrade run through with no problems.

then i want to start cIOS Downgrader, but its not possible, because again error -116. But the real problem is, that my HBC doestn get any internet-connection anymore...

but my wii IS online. when i do a internet-test, it works perfectly... i also can play online...

what can i do now?

thank you guys!

ok just solved the problem:

i always used WLAN. just tried with LAN and it WORKED!

Thanks guys
smile.gif

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Davi92 said:
RecklessReaperr said:
Open a disc such as Mario Kart, SSBB or WiiFit containing the 3.1 update with WiiScrubber, copy all the IOS WADs on the SD and install them.

And then use that wad installer you gave in the pack to install them? Will that bring me to 3.1 or 3.2?

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii on 4.0 (upgraded using wifi) and i have HBC (v8 or 9 i forget) installed on my wii , i was on 3.2u and hat twilight hack, i used to download emulators using the HBC and thats it. am i able to use this methode to downgrade back to 3.2u? oh and when i load a file in the HBC, it dosent load... is that normal?

AM I ABE FOR THIS METHODE!

hbs

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have a new wii (nothing but wii sport on it) which I upgraded to menu 4 when seting up the internet connection (stupid me)
can I use this method (or any thing else) to downgrade or I have to modchip it in order to use backup games ?

10x in advance

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Me neither, after having installed cIOS rev10, I tried cIOS downgrader 1.2 but I get a Exception DSI Code dump error... I'm on 3.2U, and I know my internet works

EDIT: Well it works now using my WiFi connection instead of LAN connection... weird!

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uhm, I'm editing the first post, it seems that LAN doesn't work using cIOS (waninkoko should fix this in the next version, I think).

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1) cIOS/IOS downgraders dont work, they take hours and it always gets stuck

2) With AnyRegion Changer, both online and offline versions, I get an error like this one (just look at the 2 pictures in the first post): EXAMPLE

3) I tried installing all the IOS WADs from Mario Kart Wii and nothing happened. Most of them installed fine but some of them got (ret = -1017) and didn't work.

Now what am I supposed to do?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question: Is it possible to then update to system menu 4.0 via other means after following this guide so that we can still have the SDHC support, and maintain the ability to install WAD files and such? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Duchess

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I am attempting this and getting stuck in a few places:

QUOTE said:
4) On the Wii, launch the Homebrew Channel and select CMDVDX34, then pick "Downgrade IOS35", wait for it to end and come back to the menu, then exit.

Issue #1: I try this and I am getting a screen that shows:

E...
PatchMii Core v.0.1, by tushing (sp?)

This just sits and sits.... Have I done something wrong?

QUOTE6) Copy the cios wad in the wad folder in the SD card.

What files exactly are the cios wad, where do I find them and where is the wad folder on the SD card?

(Obviously this above issue is moot until the first part is fixed....)

Thank you for your help!

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, nice guide but i ran into a problem on step 4...i get a code dump and it just freezes right after it finished installing the first thingy. i do a hard reset and try it again, but it says "Failed to add title, maybe you already ran this?", i see you said to install IOS35-64-v1040.wad (which i have ready) but im concerned about the fact that the install on step 4 crashed on phase 1. if i install IOS35-64-v1040.wad will i screw anything up?

thx
smile.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it says that you're a pirate, it means that DVDx is already installed. Format your SD cartridge.
lecture.gif

Also, the cIOS downgrader part confuses me. I am currently at the IOS downgrader part, downgrading as I speak.

EDIT: You know what? Just understood the cIOS downgrader part, I thought you had to choose the right IOS for it to downgrade. That was a waste of time. Still better than 2.0J.

jaymed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I get error -1035 when I try to do the wad manager thingie.. Afterwards I tried the two cios downgraders, but they just reboot the wii immediately. No error msg. Any ideas?

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I managed to get it to work. after I crashed on step 4, I ran shared2clean. it cleaned something up, then I redid step 4, it downloaded and installed 1-15 perfectly fine. I then continued as the instruction state and am currently on downgrading.
props to the guy who put this together
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone