Hacking Downgrade for System Menu 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Absolutely fantastic. Just what I was looking for!!! Am now on 4.0E, able to use Trucha Signed/Scrubbed discs and am able to use the Shop Channel as well as the SD Card thingy. Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU(!!!) to the OP for this.
biggrin.gif

This means I can continue with my shedload of Guitar Hero custom jobs as well as my uncensored Manhunt 2. Thanks a bundle!!! Why isn't this a sticky..?!!?
blink.gif
wtf.gif

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm for me this does not work...? wii+homebrew channel+4.0u upgraded through nintendo. i install everything until step three under the downgrade ios once i get to dvdx install it starts then black screen... left it for over 20 minutes no dice, that is as far as i get???? any thoughts here?
hate2.gif

shark2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
I cannot get this to work no matter what I do,I have done everything in this thread and also from another thread on a different site and everytime after I install IOS35 when I try to use the downgrader I get the "Title Not Found 1-2" Error and have to reboot my Wii and also get the -1305 error when its trying to patch...what the hell am I doing wrong.. I never installed CIOS and stupidly upgraded my Wii to 4.0U I want to use the new GECKO OS to hack VC games but it doesnt work with Menu 4.0U
Is there any other method for this..I think I have tried all that is out there and none of them are working...

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shark2003 said:
mad.gif
I cannot get this to work no matter what I do,I have done everything in this thread and also from another thread on a different site and everytime after I install IOS35 when I try to use the downgrader I get the "Title Not Found 1-2" Error and have to reboot my Wii and also get the -1305 error when its trying to patch...what the hell am I doing wrong.. I never installed CIOS and stupidly upgraded my Wii to 4.0U I want to use the new GECKO OS to hack VC games but it doesnt work with Menu 4.0U
Is there any other method for this..I think I have tried all that is out there and none of them are working...

I have tried this myself several times, if it wont install the cios use the LU64 fix by scarface. trust me it works you do not need to downgrade, as long as you have the homebrew channel on 4.0. Also you don't even need a cios IT WORKS. trust me i've been toying with this wii for days(glad its not mine) til this came about...
yaypsp.gif

shark2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromission80 said:
shark2003 said:
mad.gif

I have tried this myself several times, if it wont install the cios use the LU64 fix by scarface. trust me it works you do not need to downgrade, as long as you have the homebrew channel on 4.0. Also you don't even need a cios IT WORKS. trust me i've been toying with this wii for days(glad its not mine) til this came about...
yaypsp.gif

I'll try this evening when I get home...I hope it works...I have been looking so forward to hacking VC games using my USB Gecko and it the updated GECKO OS finally came out and my dumb ass had previously updated my system...

shark2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah..this worked...but no one has ever mentioned that you have to run an IOS Uninstaller first though..appearantly I had IOS35 and it was preventing me from making any changes....this wasnt working at first..I ran the IOS uninstaller and bam...I was in buiness...WooHoo...downgraded to 3.2U...no problems...

legoboy1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i'm sure this has been said before, but let me explain my problem.

1. my wii has been twilight hacked with the homebrew channel for quite a while, since the 3.2 update.
2. I updated to 4.0 to be a guinea pig, and regret it.
3. steps 1-8 of the downgrade method work perfectly.
4. on step 9, when i try to install the ciosv9.wad with the IOS35 wad manager, it gives me the 1035 error.

hopefully one of you can help me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
legoboy1234 said:
okay, i'm sure this has been said before, but let me explain my problem.

1. my wii has been twilight hacked with the homebrew channel for quite a while, since the 3.2 update.
2. I updated to 4.0 to be a guinea pig, and regret it.
3. steps 1-8 of the downgrade method work perfectly.
4. on step 9, when i try to install the ciosv9.wad with the IOS35 wad manager, it gives me the 1035 error.

hopefully one of you can help me.

What does this WAD Manager tell if you load IOS35 with it? I mean what does it tell about the IOS?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149502&st=30
(mirror on the 3rd page)

legoboy1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, by using IOS16 or 35, it gives me the 1035 error with the ciosv9.wad, but not the IOS35-64-v1040.wad. That installs correctly

ddrsensation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading THOROUGHLY through the 15 pages, I am stuck on the IOS Downgrader v1.1, where it cannot connect to the internet. Odd, because I'm not connected via LAN Adapter, but by WiFi. I will re-update and try again some other time, but this is just plain odd. :\
(I know I'm connected correctly because the other step, which I don't remember, that required me to be on WiFi, worked swell).
EDIT: It randomly started working. Great guide. Is this stickied?

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Downgradehelper then insert 1 and hit enter and NUSDownloaderV1 starts but I don't know what to do afterwards. When I click on Start NUS Download! it says NUS (404):tmd

delete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My environment and results
Wii - 4.0U
Homebrew Channel installed (CIOS Uninstalled)

1) Unpack the archive linked above.
Okay.

2) Do a full backup of your SD card on the PC, and DELETE everything from the card.
Okay.

3) Copy the apps folder on the SD card.
Okay.

4) On the Wii, launch the Homebrew Channel and select CMDVDX34, then pick "Downgrade IOS35", wait for it to end and come back to the menu, then exit.
- If it says "Failed to add title, maybe you already ran this?", find IOS35-64-v1040.wad from a disk such as Brawl-Mario Kart-WiiFit, using downgradehelper.bat or "elsewhere" and install it using WMIOS35 or a regular Wad Manager, then exit and continue to follow this guide.
- If it says that "you're a pirate" delete also all your VC/WiiWare pirated channels (with AnyTitle Deleter or WAD Manager), execute shared2clean and try again
grog.gif

Okay.

5) Execute downgradehelper.bat in the "PC" folder of the archive and insert 1, it will download IOS36 from NUS and patch it to cIOSv9, then pack the WAD. (alternatively, you can find and use the cios_fix.wad).
Okay - I acquired, 'cios_fix.wad'

6) Copy the cios wad in the wad folder in the SD card.
Okay.

7) Delete the apps folder on the SD, rename the "apps2" folder included in the archive to "apps" and copy it to the SD.
Okay.

8) Launch the Homebrew Channel again, and run WMIOS35.
Okay.

9) Install ciosv9.wad.
This is where i get stuck with a 'RET-2011' type error

10) Exit again, and run IOSDowngraderv1 from HBC.
11) If you want a System Menu lower than 4.0, use cIOS Downgrader
wink.gif

Thanks to comex for DVDX 3.4, to WiiPower for providing a version of the WAD Manager source compatible with the latest devkitPro and libogc and to WB3000 for NUS Downloader.
[/quote]

Other people have provided their methods (using similar instructions in a different order) which does not seem to work for me.

Any thoughts for people who got stuck in a similar area or any other directions?

delete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get successful results when I DID NOT restart my Wii between changes made within the Homebrew Channel.

KaiWren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a return error of -1, when i run WAD manager, any suggestions?

Nevermind, ID10t error, had an "s" on the end of the WAD folder...

mc2479

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooray!! Happy Days are here again!! It worked perfectly. My Wii got stolen and it was fully hacked. I bought a new one and accidentally updated to 4.0. I don't know why I did that. Thank you to everyone who has put their time and energy into making this possible. My Wii is not a boring Wii any longer.

:EDIT:

This worked on a virgin Wii, LU62. Yeah I popped that bitches cherry. Also, those control freaks at Nintendo can cram their ****ing update up their tight @$$3$!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol