downgrade 3.70 to 3.55 ?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by EMarius, Mar 4, 2012.

1. EMarius
    OP

EMarius Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2012
    i have put a custom firmware on my old phat ps3 at 3.55, but i dont know much about downgrading from higher firmware.

my cousin just got a slim with 3.70 on it , i used MinVerChk and it said it can be downgrade all the back to like 2.55, of
    course i just need to get it back to 3.55 so i can put a custom firmware on it.

so guys what are my options here ? whats the best way to downgrade this ? assuming it can be?

2. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    E3 Flasher (google it)

1 person likes this.
  3. EMarius
    OP

EMarius Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2012

cool so is that the only option or just the best ?

4. jimmyemunoz

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Only option at the current time and probably for a long time....BUT
    You could always shop on ebay for a PS3 3.55 or lower and save yourself the hassle.......that is one other option IF your cousin sells his current PS3

OMG, I almost forgot to tell you about ProgSkeet. Link

1 person likes this.
  5. EMarius
    OP

EMarius Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2012
    will google both those then , E3 flasher looks easy enough to install, so will look around for one of those .
    but there both basically the same yea ? is it just a matter of opinion which one to go for ? or is one clearly better ?

6. jimmyemunoz

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    They both accomplish the same thing. Yes, It's definitely a matter of opinion. The E3 Flasher, in my opinion, is an easier tool....but the progskeet can be used for so many devices. They both have their strengths and fans......

1 person likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice