Double posting question.

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by floobmonsrake, Oct 4, 2009.

Oct 4, 2009
  1. floobmonsrake
    OP

Newcomer floobmonsrake Advanced Member

United States
    Say you make a topic and it goes one or two days without any replys. Would it be wrong to post another topic about the same thing so you can get some answers, or is that against gbatemps rules. I did read the rules, but I wasnt sure if this was allowed.

2. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Yes making duplicate topics on purpose is against the rules. As is double posting and bumping.

3. googs

Member googs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    yeh it is not aloud and plus it slows down the forum if u continue to make new topics
    its really pointless, if people know the answer to your question then they would answer it out wise you would have to wait

4. floobmonsrake
    OP

Newcomer floobmonsrake Advanced Member

United States
    Alright thanx guys. Ill make sure i never do that.

5. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    However, it can also be argued that at the particular time that the thread is created for assistance in something is a time where all users available have no knowledge of the matter which results in the thread being pushed off the first page and often, never to be seen again.

6. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    It's fine for someone to bump their thread after a fair amount of time has passed without a response. "Fiar" IMO being once every 12 hours. It's usually those who bump their thread every hour who piss others off.

However doing do four or so times in a row isn't ideal. If no one wishes to respond it's either because they cannot help, or (for whatever reason - good or bad) don't want to help you/reply. I would have understood this well before having to bump my thread on so many occasions. If anything, any responses I'd receive are likely to be of angry ones.