DotA 2 rumors

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by alphenor, Feb 8, 2011.

1. alphenor
    OP

alphenor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2010
    your PC's desktop
    I've heard and read of DotA 2 rumors recently, being a project of Valve (the one behind Counter Strike) and all..

Is it really ongoing, or already abandoned? I have come up of the question because I didn't hear anymore updates from the sites...

And if it is finished, will you try it? I would want to try it...coz I'm a DotA fan and gamer [​IMG]

2. Saken

Saken GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Uh, it's still going.. Icefrog is working together with Valve to make it, should be out this year some time.

3. chA1nBull3t

chA1nBull3t GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania, Eastern US
    Definitely still in the works. While I don't think it'll be out by the end of this year, it is coming.
    Conceptually, it's easy since the game is already 'made'. Just porting it to a new engine will take a lot of time (obviously haha).

I doubt they'll give this up though. Valve is not one to drop games. But Valve is also not one to drop secrets either [​IMG] and we all know this.

Here's an OLD article on it: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/arc...ed-details.aspx
    Obviously a lot of work put into it already.

4. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    will DoTA2 be free ?
    i am just curious to know , but seeing as it looks like it'll be an independent game than a game type , you probably will ...

5. f3ar000

f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    this IS valve we are talking about... so no

you can tell valve is working on it because they delayed portal 2, worked on tf2 updates a little, and they don't really work on too many things at once (3 at max methinks) so that leaves the obvious DoTA 2 (episode 3 is a lie)

6. Battlecrafts

Battlecrafts Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2011
    Canada
    Montreal
    So updates are coming but no episode 3... I'm disappointed! [​IMG]
    When are the updates coming?Someone knows? [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------
    http://twitter.com/battlecrafts