Gaming DOS Games to Die For

  • Thread starter Thread starter skullstatue
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 38,124
  • Replies Replies 213
Can some tell me if these are free or are like old pc games
thnx
biggrin.gif
 
UnFallen said:
Can some tell me if these are free or are like old pc games
thnx
biggrin.gif

Not free. Most would probably be classified as 'Abandonware'. Meaning the software is no longer published, supported, or who owns the copyright isn't too clear.

Wikipedia has a good article on it here.
 
Oh man the memories... I remember the first time I logged onto a BBS back in 93, and all I ever did for the next two years (until I got hooked on some new thing called the 'Internet'
tongue.gif
) was download, download, DOWNLOAD.

I collected all the Apogee and Epic titles, perused various others as well.

Aside from the obvious classics (Wolf 3D, Doom, Commander Keen episodes 1 thru 6, etc.), I'd have to say that Rise of the Triad is one seriously underrated game.

EDIT: I also HAVE to namedrop Tyrian, which is still fun to this day.
 
System Shock - best game ever
Ufo: Enemy Unknown/Xcom Ufo Defense - best tactical game ever
Betrayal at Krondor - best cRPG ever

Other:

Jagged Alliance, Eye of the Beholder Trilogy, Lands of Lore, Syndicate, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, Ultima series...
 
Alone in the Dark (The creepiest game ever)
Abuse
Indiana Jones and the last Crusade/ Fate of Atlantis
X-Wing/ Tie Fighter
Wing Commander 1&2
All Sierra Games
Twinsen 1&2
 
my fave:
Nighthawk F-117A Stealth Fighter 2 -- one of the earliest best flight-simulator ever made! fortunately i still have a copy from the floppy-disks but lost the bulky manual. btw the speaker sound of the aircraft itself is annoying!
rofl2.gif


others:
Airborne Ranger
Albion
Alley Cat
B-17 Flying Fortress
Bass Tour
Battle Chess
Budokan
Buzz Aldrins Race into Space
Centurion
Commander Keen series
Dangerous Dave series
Deus
Digger
DOOM series
Duke Nukem 2
F-19 Stealth Fighter
Grand Prix Circuit
Hind
Ignition
Motor City
Ocean Trader
Pizza Tycoon
Prince of Persia
Quake series
Test Drive
Top Gear 2
Transport Tycoon
Wolfeinstein 3D
X-Com series
.. others i might have forgotten

err..
Fatal Relation
Paradise High
The Maid's Story
Three Sister
True Love

.. i'm just curious back then, really.. i was a boy for God sakes!
ph34r.gif

sorry if some games weren't from DOS, coz im not really remember them well
unsure.gif
but they're definitely classic!
yay.gif
 
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
Flashback
 
I just bought Duke Nukem 3D for DOS. Have to say: most bad-ass classic game played by me. Also the most wrong classic game I have played. But not too wrong. But there are strippers and posters in just about every level. So I suggest parental control (built-in).
lecture.gif
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted