Homebrew doom

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either after you Start a new Game, or right before (Starting a NG is better because everything is still). Press Start, Options, Key Bindings.
For a more Modern FPS, use these Settings
Forward/Back: Joystick FWD/BK
Straft L/R: Joystick L/R
Turn Left/Right: C Stick L/R (.3dsx ONLY. CNub does not work using .cia Installer)
Use/Open: X Button
Run: A Button
Fire: R Button
ZL/ZR Buttons can be Mapped using the .3dsx File Only. Does not work using the .cia Installer.

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Played though till the second stage of doom 1 and it crashed, tis a shame apart from needing to use the touch screen keyboard to switch weapons this would be a great port! If we can set ZL and ZR to switch weapon left and right that would be great, if not make the keyboard icons particularly the number ones larger on the touch screen so we can use it to swap weapons easier! ^_^

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played though till the second stage of doom 1 and it crashed, tis a shame apart from needing to use the touch screen keyboard to switch weapons this would be a great port! If we can set ZL and ZR to switch weapon left and right that would be great, if not make the keyboard icons particularly the number ones larger on the touch screen so we can use it to swap weapons easier! ^_^
there is a new version on git with the ability to cycle weapons. this is bound to zl and zr by default, but it can be changed in the menu.

I also fixed an issue were R/L and ZL/ZR were mapped to the same key events.

Reactions: FEAR_1337

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@elhobbs a little off topic question, but you are still working on spectre3ds? Is there any way to change the buttons bind? Or even start the game without typing "map start" every time?

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@elhobbs a little off topic question, but you are still working on spectre3ds? Is there any way to change the buttons bind? Or even start the game without typing "map start" every time?
The current version on git loads/saves the key bindings on start/exit. You can use the bind command at the console to change bindings. The on topic thread has examples. You don't have to use just map - load and save work at the console too ;)

Reactions: FEAR_1337

Chrisser_75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a possibility to map the analog stick from the circle pad pro (for looking around) on the 3DS? Otherwise could i remap the 4 buttons for the view and use the L and R buttons for the other actions?

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a possibility to map the analog stick from the circle pad pro (for looking around) on the 3DS? Otherwise could i remap the 4 buttons for the view and use the L and R buttons for the other actions?
Afaik the circle pad pro is not accessible to homebrew. The other key mappings should be possible - use the menu.

Reactions: Chrisser_75

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@elhobbs: It looks like it's possible to use the N3DS controls in GW mode/CFWs now, just add ir:rst to the list of services in the RSF file for the CIA (according to @Steveice10 this will make the CIA unable to launch below 8.x due to lower firmwares not having ir:rst, but I would imagine most CIA users at this point are on 8.x or above) and recompile with the latest ctrulib (I'm not sure if an updated makerom is needed either, but it probably couldn't hurt). I didn't have to make any source code modifications to get it working with Doom. :)

I'll also provide a copy of the CIA I compiled here, so N3DS users who would like this in CIA format with ZL/ZR/C-stick controls, here you go.

Attachments

• prboom3ds-master.zip
    535.2 KB · Views: 230

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking around at implementing Circle Pad Pro support for O3DSs, but it didn't look like there were any libraries that were that far in development for using the O3DS's iR. There is one, but it looked a bit barebones and incomplete.

Reactions: elhobbs

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither the Doom 1 Shareware or Doom 1 Full wad work for me. They both give me an Iwad Tag error. Doom2 Plutonia and TNT all work though. Any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol