Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
iD announced yesterday that DOOM 4 is being developed internally.

The last game developed by iD itself was DOOM3 (Quake 4 was made by Raven).

Being DOOM one of my favorite franchises.. I hope they make something more like DOOM 1 & 2. I liked Doom 3, but it was a totally different type of game.. The first game had some big rooms with dozens of enemies and even some open spaces, it was great to just go berserk shooting everything that moved
tongue.gif

The DOOM 3 engine was too advanced when the game was launched, so the game ended up having only closed ambients and it was rare to see more than 2 or 3 enemies on the same room :/

source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18544

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved Doom to bits. Doom 2 more of the same but still great. Final Doom was great but more of a expansion pack and I thought Doom 64 was underrated and was actually a good game of Doom. Doom 3, the first couple of levels were great but it just went downhill afterwards.

Still waiting for Fountainhead to confirm that they are doing Doom RPG DS or not, I think it depended on whether Orcs & Elves did well.

iD use to be ahead of things PC wise but they're just retreading everything now they lost most its people. Sad really

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, i read that last night and was half interested, in fact, for the same reasons you mentioned about how Doom 3 was so different from the first two.

They just need to go back to the doom/doom II engines for doom 4
wink.gif

I'd be all about that.

@ Hadrien: Oh hell yes. Doom RPG was GREAT! I played that game to hell and back (...no pun intended) on my old LG when it first came out. I tried out O&E when it came out on the phones, but didn't enjoy it NEARLY as much. (i've been playing a little bit of it here and there on the DS, but again, not as compelling as Doom RPG).

Here's to hoping!
grog.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doom 1 and 2 were revolutionary and I believe rightly hailed as masterpieces. Console iterations I liked but they were far outshone but their counterparts.

Doom 3, I played on the xbox in late 2006 and I dare say I was only more bored the time I went to pokemon the first movie.

Hopefully doom4 will head in the direction of that new alone in the dark game and deus ex. I would play that and even consider upgrading my hardware for it.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian said:
Loved Doom to bits. Doom 2 more of the same but still great. Final Doom was great but more of a expansion pack and I thought Doom 64 was underrated and was actually a good game of Doom. Doom 3, the first couple of levels were great but it just went downhill afterwards.

Still waiting for Fountainhead to confirm that they are doing Doom RPG DS or not, I think it depended on whether Orcs & Elves did well.

iD use to be ahead of things PC wise but they're just retreading everything now they lost most its people. Sad really

I still play DOOM 2 sometimes..
wub.gif

I remember John Carmack saying at an interview that he was planing on releasing Wolfenstein3D to the DS and some starting some Wii projects..
In the 90's iD was always ahead of everyone with their FPS engines, till Valve come and release the Half Life engine that overshadowed Quake 3. That was the golden age of FPS games, good times..
tongue.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first two are still great fun in a deathmatch and while Doom 3 was still a good game, it just wasn't Doom to me. The Co-op on Xbox at least brought some more value since Live Co-op FPS games were scarce on the original xbox.

Here's hoping Doom 4 brings us back to what we want, shitloads of demons between a shotgun-toting marine and a familiar exit button with a bitch'n soundtrack. And the scares and frights aren't needed either because I thought Doom 3, while visually awesome, was so bloody predictable.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
I remember John Carmack saying at an interview that he was planing on releasing Wolfenstein3D to the DS
Yeah they're doing it on the mobile first and then porting it to the DS. I think I heard that it'll be more of a remake than a port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them