Gaming Don't you think that DS is slowly dying?

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I believe that the DS and its market will still be milked for a while, like it was with the PS2.
Seeing how expensive the next gen 3DS is, the same way how the PS3 was a lot more expensive then buying a PS2, a lot of people will still stick to their DS and remaining DS will probably be sold at a lower price next to the 3DS, thus further fueling its life.
I can imagine pretty well that DS games will still be developed for a while, they can be run on a 3DS too, after all.

ilovegames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds is already dead and has been dead for awhile imo. end of portable gaming imo. i'm not looking to play no full featured space age 3d-rendered near console quality games on the go. just want a decently priced console with a library of casual games that can kill some time, and a nice form factor doesn't hurt either.. what i don't need is 128312093 gigamegabit graphics and a price tag that rivals the major home consoles. nintendo can take their 3ds jetsons technology and suck it.

angry.gif

Hatashi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree, the DS will never die.
The games that are being made for the DS are almost always good and decent.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems I remember reading somewhere that the DS/DSi will be the low budget developer's system, and the 3DS will be for larger budget developer's.

I'm sure though that it is all dependent on how well the 3DS sells, but it sounds like more "3rd pillar" type of talk...like when the DS first came out and the GBA's life ended. As if the 3DS is going to sell poorly, yeah right.

I'd guess that once the few AAA DS titles finally get released (or bumped to 3DS development), the DS will become a mostly shovelware system (so, not much change then?) and all the really good games will only come out on 3DS. I'd say.....2 years from now, DS development will end completely.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ilovegames said:
ds is already dead and has been dead for awhile imo. end of portable gaming imo. i'm not looking to play no full featured space age 3d-rendered near console quality games on the go. just want a decently priced console with a library of casual games that can kill some time, and a nice form factor doesn't hurt either.. what i don't need is 128312093 gigamegabit graphics and a price tag that rivals the major home consoles. nintendo can take their 3ds jetsons technology and suck it.

angry.gif

You dude are correct!

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Who knows? The DS has a stronger "end of the life cycle" release list. Pokemon Black/White, Radiant, Okamiden, DQ6...

The DS could just be the new PS2.

I was thinking that as well. Frankly I loved the DS line like I loved the PS2 line. So many great games and an even bigger library thanks to translators. Im sad that I had to sell mine for some extra cash (time to pull out the emulators which I hate to use) just like I had to sell my PS2 which is why I will eventually buy another one (you guessed it...just like the PS2)

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I really dont think that is going to die, for me, and others gamers too, we pick up nes games, genesis games, gba games and we play and play and play a lot.So the good games always will be a good game.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ManFranceGermany said:
sure its dying! 2012 will have almost no support and important titles..maybe still shovelware
Shovelware will cause the end of the world on December 21, 2012.
It will be the holiday release of DS titles.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SmokeFox said:
I really dont think that is going to die, for me, and others gamers too, we pick up nes games, genesis games, gba games and we play and play and play a lot.So the good games always will be a good game.
But those systems' gaming lives are over. He means will there still be good games produced for the DS.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
This happens to all consoles. Good devs will make games for this system until a few years from now. We'll see many great 3DS games as well as great DS games. Quoting IGN, the devs know how to make good games with this system now that they've coded for it for more than half a decade. One good example is Ghost Trick. Also, there was news a while ago that Nintendo is making a last Kirby game on the DS.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
This happens to all consoles. Good devs will make games for this system until a few years from now. We'll see many great 3DS games as well as great DS games. Quoting IGN, the devs know how to make good games with thus system now that they've coded for it for more than half a decade. One good example is Ghost Trick. Also, there was news a while ago that Nintendo is making a last Kirby game on the DS.
Just like they did with Kirby Superstar on the SNES.

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
SmokeFox said:
But those systems' gaming lives are over. He means will there still be good games produced for the DS.
O yeah, if he means that yeah the ds is like in the bed waiting for the breathing system to be turned off, after Pokemon Black/White realease and that tales series game, i think that is over.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ds is not slowly dying yet give it two more years while the whole 3ds transition happens someone that is dead is the psp who die like 2 years ago if i remember

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep.. There's still so many amazing games yet to be released for it >__< It definitely isn't dead yet, and won't be for at least another year.. or two xD

I'm sure not EVERYONE will rush out and buy a 3DS as soon as it comes out anyway, I won't coz it's too expensive + I still have tons of DS/Wii/PSP games left to play xDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-