Gaming Don't you think that DS is slowly dying?

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What the title says and also, are there anymore good games coming besides Pokemon Black/White and Radiant Historia?
I am kinda wondering if I am the only one that thinks that it is slowly dying in terms of games that's coming out. There's only few.
unsure.gif

TheArnus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, add Okamiden and hopefully Ni no Kuni to that list and I'd say that awesome system bringing us joy for the past 6 years is more like "going out with a bang"
yaynds.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well what are you expecting? for it to stay around forever? its at the end of its life cycle,if i'm not mistaken DQ6 comes out shortly as well...

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, DS gave me a lot of entertainment. I just bought a new psp slim 2000, and frankly it´s BETTER in terms of PSX oldies & fun now.

Besides, I think it´s time to let DS pass away..

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
There's also a high chance of getting Dragon Ball Kai Ultimate Butouden. And there's Okamiden.

And it's been out for six years, it's perfectly normal. Besides, the 3DS is coming, it has what the DS has plus more. The industry has to move on.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
As people have already said, it's over six years old and it's successor is very close to release. Nothing lasts forever.
Except for diamonds.
Anyway, the PS2 and GBA lasted for a long time after the next generation started, so did the NES. That said, you make a good point and are probably right.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the DS will eventually be phased out as more and more people switch over to the 3DS.

However, the DS has a colossal user base, and it will no doubt continue to be a contender for quite some time to come, much akin to the persistence of the previous Nintendo handhelds after their respective successors were released.

Also, even when one does purchase a 3DS, its backwards compatibility with the current DS family will ensure that DS games will continue to have adequate accessibility.

The DS, like most Nintendo handhelds, has imperious household prevalence, and tons of happy users. Don't count it out just yet!

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the 3DS coming out in less than a month, the DS is doing pretty well.

I would think they would stop making games for it a few months before the release of the 3DS.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will be a while before it dies. It still has good games coming out for it, so I don't think it will go away anytime soon.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows? The DS has a stronger "end of the life cycle" release list. Pokemon Black/White, Radiant, Okamiden, DQ6...

The DS could just be the new PS2.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest VI
de Blob 2
Radiant Historia
Pokemon Black/White
Duke Nukem Trilogy
Miles Edgeworth 2

These are the only games coming out for DS that I think are worth anything.
although, we do still have
Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute
It hasn't been announced but I'm pretty sure it'll be here around Fall.
anything else? Besides these few titles I think DS is dying rapidly.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so?

i am sick of the DS. I want something that feels familiar like it, yet comes with futures i don't know.

wait... that's called 3DS lol.

no seriously, there were things that always bothered me about the DS, and i am glad to see nintendo finally release a new handheld system.

and so, the back catalog of games that can be played on the DS3 now include DS, GBA, GB, GBC, and SNES. that is a pretty hefty list of games. Actually, i should say that once there is a flashcard allowing for all these things
wink.gif

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
machomuu said:
Depravo said:
As people have already said, it's over six years old and it's successor is very close to release. Nothing lasts forever.
Except for diamonds.
Lies! Heat up a diamond until white hot then drop it into liquid oxygen and see how long it lasts.

Id like to see a video of that I bet it explodes or something like that

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rave420 => I have seen that the 3DS has the capacity to run Gamecube's games. I hope that it will be possible (I need some Phantasy Star Online, Mario Kart Double Dash or other good games).
Can't wait the 3DS, hurry, hurry 25th march ! ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1