Hacking Don't worry about AutoRCM i maked a hardcore test for you

x0x0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I did a hardcore test with AutoRCM and a battery. I turned on the autorcm option and went to play Zelda, the battery was discharged to 0%. Switch did not want to start. Obviously.
The switch started in RCM mode when I connected the cable and pressed Power. There is nothing to be afraid of. The switch will start up under the power supply. I already throw away my jig and leave AutoRCM perma ;)

stoffer666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I did a hardcore test with AutoRCM and a battery. I turned on the autorcm option and went to play Zelda, the battery was discharged to 0%. Switch did not want to start. Obviously.
The switch started in RCM mode when I connected the cable and pressed Power. There is nothing to be afraid of. The switch will start up under the power supply. I already throw away my jig and leave AutoRCM perma ;)
Does

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does it work with firmware 5.1

x0x0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's a reason why AutoRCM is tagged as "Dangerous".

But sure, if you fuck up your switch it isn't my problem. My jig works wonderfully.

This is incredibly retarded lmao.
After all, it's simple why the option is marked like this. You will not run the console again without payload.
I prefer to leave on the autorcm option, rather than inserting wires: D

Last edited by x0x0,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know system updates re-write and repair AutoRCM, right? So you need to reinstall it after each update.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna leave this here...
So, Switch charges and does not charges in RCM. xD

The results (battery was 89%):

The switch can charge normally the battery, if the BCT is intact!
In RCM AND in hekate menu.
*BCT is the boot configuration table that autoRCM corrupts.

Tests showed that it was charging with the same current, as in Horison OS.
The current it was drawing with 89% battery, was 800mA - 1000mA, using Switch wall adapter. On PC, it was the max the hub could give.

------------------------------------

The switch cannot charge normally with a corrupt BCT (AutoRCM).
In hekate, it shows similar behavior (read below).

Extra emphasis on the "normally".

With autoRCM, basically a corrupt BCT, the switch behaves differently.
There are 2 behaviors that I saw when connecting to the switch wall charger:
  • Common - It was draining 140-250mA.
  • Common (in hekate) - 200mA - 400mA
  • Rare (normally if you connect charger after powering off from HOS) - Drain of alternating 250mA and 1000mA, with surges of 2.5A.

------------------------------------

Summary - facts:
  1. Switch can charge completely normally in RCM or Hekate with a BCT intact
    • The percent % in Horizon OS, after a RCM charge, is not fake.
  2. Switch does not charge normally with AutoRCM, a.k.a corrupt BCT.
    1. Either it charges very slowly or sometimes with a broken slow/fast/slow/fast charge pattern:
    2. Or this behavior is current taken from the USB controller or the BPMP (Nvidia's Boot and Power management processor)
    • In AutoRCM, the Charge IC probably can't update the battery calibration file and could make the percent fake.
I don't know for behavior .3 what really happens and what Switch does. This can be easily examined, by connecting a current multimeter between battery and switch and check the readings.

Joxley192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have use autorcm on my 3.0 and cos of the sleep mode problems it some times doesnt load so i have to disconnect the battery and reconnect the battery but apart from that its works really well am thinking about putting it on my upto date switch (5.1.0) but that one wasn't for modding

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But im not saying, it charging in AutoRCM.. only you can start your console after plug to PC/Adapter whatever.
Eventually yes but it will take more time for the console to accumulate enough charge to boot into Horizon then it will to boot RCM back up for you to send a payload that will give u more options such as removing AutoRCM (to restore charge speed) or booting into CFW/OFW. The only scenario I can see this playing out is if you have your adapter in sight as well as an outlet but no computer/phone/USB cable to send payloads

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lets say that im out on a trip without SXPro, a computer (i have a desktop) and i although i have my phone with me, i forgot the cable.

My switch is in CFW mode, i plan on using it for a few days so i have the charger with me and my objective is to not let the battery go completely out, else (because i'm in AutoRCM mode) i am completely fucked and have a paperweight for the rest of the weekend.

What happens if my switch randomly crashes? Or i forget to charge it while on sleep mode? Sleep mode still drains battery.

It will reboot and auto-reboot to RCM. Since i have no way to deliver the payload, i am fucked.

OR, without AutoRCM, my switch reboots to OFW and although i no longer have CFW is still useful to do something.

If you have a RCM jig, USE IT. AutoRCM is a last case resort IF you always have a way to send the payload.

Last edited by LightOffPro,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Lets say that im out on a trip without SXPro, a computer (i have a desktop) and i although i have my phone with me, i forgot the cable.

My switch is in CFW mode, i plan on using it for a few days so i have the charger with me and my objective is to not let the battery go completely out, else (because i'm in AutoRCM mode) i am completely fucked and have a paperweight for the rest of the weekend.

What happens if my switch randomly crashes? Or i forget to charge it while on sleep mode? Sleep mode still drains battery.

It will reboot and auto-reboot to RCM. Since i have no way to deliver the payload, i am fucked.

OR, without AutoRCM, my switch reboots to OFW and although i no longer have CFW is still useful to do something.

If you have a RCM jig, USE IT. AutoRCM is a last case resort IF you always have a way to send the payload.
Or you put the dongle in your case with your switch and you are good in autorcm, your case is a hypothesis in which you must forget pretty much anything to boot your switch in autorcm that shouldnt happen if you are in autorcm, also you would not die for not playing with your switch for 2 days, if you forget everything you deserve not to play

Last edited by kamesenin888,
Reactions: vstar

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you remove AutoRCM without updating? Does using AutoRCM from BriccMii, Hekate, and TX all do it the exact same way?
Rerun whatever tool you used and choose the Uninstall option. As for your second question, they all do the same basic thing but aren't compatible with one another, ie. BriccMii will not "uninstall" AutoRCM that you setup with TX.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi OP
AutoRCM is bugged and might cause your battery to die completely if the trickle charge is not triggered by the system as a last resort (it might happen according to Kate).
I do understand why you want AutoRCM though (the convenience of not messing with your pins for those not having a big and the need to spare your jig). These are good enough reasons mind you! But let's acknowledge there is indeed a risk that's been proven.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi OP
AutoRCM is bugged and might cause your battery to die completely if the trickle charge is not triggered by the system as a last resort (it might happen according to Kate).
I do understand why you want AutoRCM though (the convenience of not messing with your pins for those not having a big and the need to spare your jig). These are good enough reasons mind you! But let's acknowledge there is indeed a risk that's been proven.
In reality we have different situations, you have to have your battery to completely die, you shouldnt do that, and you must be unlucky enough for the trickle charge not to activate, its a minor risk in reality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Is your new PS3 modded/CFW?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, always has been
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool, lots of cool games available for PS3. Game on!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi already making new people mad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, Nick is not that new
    Ohayogozaimasu = Good Morning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohgayhoe
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si