OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
orangeyoshi.jpg

QUOTE said:
There were two big surprises to be found with Mario Galaxy: firstly, that it had a substantive story, and secondly, that the story was good. Pity, then, the sequel won't be doing anything of the sort.

Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto has said that, despite the love fans had for the first game's plot (centred around Rosalina and the adorable Lumas), "I'd like to go with as little story as possible...I've always felt that the Mario games themselves aren't particularly suited to having a very heavy story."

All well and good, except Miyamoto doesn't have as direct a role in the series as he once did. Instead, the job of creating these big Mario games now lies with Yoshiaki Koizumi, who is at odds with his mentor's stance on plot.

"Mr. Koizumi is the type of person who, whenever we're working on a new Mario game, he always wants to bring more story elements into it, as he did with Super Mario Galaxy" Miyamoto says. "But in talking with him this time, he agrees and feels that with Galaxy 2, there won't be a need for as deep of a story".

Source

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, the story of the first Galaxy wasn`t all that big as well... It was just Mario like we love it. If I have to say which Mario game has the most story I would say Sunshine... But really: who cares about the story in a Mario game
tongue.gif
I just want them to justify his adventuring in Space and that`s should be more then enough
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't remember the first Galaxy having much story, so expectations aren't high for me in that department. It was the same premise it's always been. Bowser steals princess; Mario jumps around for hours on end until hooks back up with the babe. End of story...on with the platforming.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, who was it who said Galaxy had a substantial story? I suppose comparing it to past mario titles, but that's still hardly worthy of being called a story. What matters about Mario is the gameplay.
Interesting that in the same interview, Miyamoto says that Zelda is where the story is important (so why is it always the same Shigsy?).

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck plot. This game means more great music.

Hopefully. The E3 debut featured horrid MIDI samples that caused me to barf
frown.gif

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
That cracked me up
rofl2.gif
. Now I got nothing but the utmost respect for one of the greatest if not the greatest video-game maker of all time (Miyamoto that is
tongue.gif
) but i fail to see where super mario galaxy had a "deeper" story. I think it was as basic as it got, princess got kidnapped, bring her back using lotsa stars and that's it. (sure except the story of that chick and her past but if that's considered a deep story then i must've been too dumb to realise the depth of those books i used to read when i was 6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-