Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,

its my first post, but i think its an important one. I just startet playing DKCR...and i love it...but i cant get over the Controls...its damn near impossible to get any precision out of the "waggle-to-stomp-roll" control sceme. To me its a dealbreaker...and let me tell you i LOOOOVVVEEEDD DKC...

So here is my Question: is there any Chance that someone could at any point in time release a hack that changes the Stomp/Roll to a button? for what i know the "b" button is not used in the game at all? is this possile? does anyone care? i would love to hear your feedback...geetings and much repect to all hackers

Pixma

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldnt think so, only way possible would be using something like dolphin to play the game

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this topic has come up for other games, and if I remember correctly, the general consensus is that it IS possible but it's far too much work for anyone to actually bother doing.

Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
would you consider doing it for 500 bucks? i waiting 15 years for this game...so im willing to pay for good controls...i know hackers dont like working for money...but if i ask friends it will be even more money probably?

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mvgc3 said:
I think this topic has come up for other games, and if I remember correctly, the general consensus is that it IS possible but it's far too much work for anyone to actually bother doing.

It's not only possible but some nice person did it for Metroid. I haven't tried the hacked in control scheme but I have seen some comments that say its nice.

I am not saying its going to happen for DKCR but I myself kind of wish it would.

I don't see why Nintendo didn't include a classic controller option. Seems a perfect way to sell more of the things and give some more value to the ones who already put out money for the things, besides all that it would have seemed logical since the original 3 where on the SNES and the classic looks like a SNES pad to me
smile.gif

Edit: Maybe some one could start an online petition for Nintendo to offer a patch for the game something official would be nice....

KHSebastian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If somebody does decide to do this, it would probably be better to just map Roll to 1, wouldn't it? I only played for a second, but 1 is Grab/Run, isn't it? If so, adding Roll to it, would just make it like the old DKC games.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pixma said:
Hi Guys,

its my first post, but i think its an important one. I just startet playing DKCR...and i love it...but i cant get over the Controls...its damn near impossible to get any precision out of the "waggle-to-stomp-roll" control sceme. To me its a dealbreaker...and let me tell you i LOOOOVVVEEEDD DKC...

So here is my Question: is there any Chance that someone could at any point in time release a hack that changes the Stomp/Roll to a button? for what i know the "b" button is not used in the game at all? is this possile? does anyone care? i would love to hear your feedback...geetings and much repect to all hackers

Pixma

Seriously, the controls aren't broken. You are. You're blaming your lack of adaptability on the very feature the Wii spearheaded. Getting control of the roll is simple. If you don't want to roll, STOP MOVING. Playing with the nunchuk may help a bit, as these actions don't continue unless the nunchuk moves too. But if you want to play a DKC with the classic controller, play the original trilogy.

EDIT: Something I wanted to add. You have a few things to consider here. The game hasn't even been out a week and your already complaining about controls. Give yourself some time to get used to them! There's no time limits, so find yourself a safe spot on a level and practice if you have to. Figure out your timings and tricks. One thing I find useful (using the nunchuk configuration) is that when I need to only roll a little, I just shake the remote and not the nunchuk. This works great for ground pounding and blowing the plants in the background too. So instead of complaining and asking for a hack only one day after release, how about you do what real gamers do and take the time to get used to the controls. Yes, I understand that there are some games that the controls really do affect how well it plays, but this isn't one of those games. Its not asking you to press (A, B, up, waggle, Plus) to jump.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The inability for people to handle wii motion controls is really just sad. Its not hard, at all. Not to mention controls like this have been around for over 4 years now, this isn't anything new, if you can't handle that, its kind of pathetic. I'm not trying to be a jerk, its just come on, its not hard at all to handle this games controls. That would be like complaining about flicking your wiimote in the mario galaxies or new super mario bros wii, both of which felt very natural and were very easy to use.

However, yes your request is possible. I for one don't see it as necessary, but to each their own I suppose.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
JonthanD said:
mvgc3 said:

It's not only possible but some nice person did it for Metroid. I haven't tried the hacked in control scheme but I have seen some comments that say its nice.
More info on this?

I haven't tried DKCR yet, so I can't say how the controls are, but is there a reason why waggling is more practical than a simple button press for rolling?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the controls are royally screwed in this game. they have like 4 buttons that dont do a damn thing and they have mapped 3 different actions to "shake the stupid controller". i agree, this would be a great game if the guy in charge of the control layout didnt have his head up his ass. IMO, this has made this into an immediate "$5 bin" game.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Pixma said:
would you consider doing it for 500 bucks? i waiting 15 years for this game...so im willing to pay for good controls...i know hackers dont like working for money...but if i ask friends it will be even more money probably?

We talking bout Euros or Dollars?

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously doubt someone is going to pay a stranger online five hundred for a little hack.

Anyways, I would also like to see this. It was done for Okami(and I guess Metroid) so I'm sure it can be done for this game too. You just gotta find someone with the know-how and time that's willing to do it.

The controls are far from being terrible though(I've only used the sideway method though). You barely have to shake the wiimote for a roll/pound/blow to happen, but I see absolutely no reason at all why the devs couldn't have given us the options to use the B button for this.

Hopefully someone will be willing to do this.

Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
G0dLiKe said:
Pixma said:

We talking bout Euros or Dollars?

im talking euro; via paypal...so if anybody got a prove of concept...cash it in...

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
the controls are royally screwed in this game. they have like 4 buttons that dont do a damn thing and they have mapped 3 different actions to "shake the stupid controller". i agree, this would be a great game if the guy in charge of the control layout didnt have his head up his ass. IMO, this has made this into an immediate "$5 bin" game.

So, let me see if what you just said makes sense...

The 4 buttons that don't do anything...they do in fact do something IN TWO-PLAYER MODE. They are mapped for features in Two-player, in both control schemes. Besides, DK doesn't have that many moves to begin with. Why does he need a function on every button?

The roll in this game is different from the previous DKC games. (Something nobody seems to have noticed yet.) The roll is on the shake so it can be a constant roll. They've designed levels around it for bowling through lines of baddies. A single button CAN'T do that properly, and even if it could you all would find a way to complain about it. I'm sure of it. (I know you could bowl through baddies in the original DKC games, but you couldn't roll for longer than a short distance without enemies to propel you. This game, you can roll with or without baddies in the way.)

The three shake functions are modified by directional input. How is this any different a concept from that of multiple moves in Smash Bros? If you need to blow or pound on something, you shouldn't be trying to do it on the fly. If you are, that's why you people are rolling when you don't want to.

And even if this did become a "$5 bin" game, hardly any of us paid for it anyway. Complaining about something you got for free? How pathetic can you get. That's basically saying, "You know, I didn't pay for this, but here's reasons that people who did should be mad about it because I am."

You guys are tearing this game apart based on your own lack of adaptability. (Hmm, is he repeating himself from a previous post? Yes, I do believe he is. Maybe there's a point there. Maybe...) YOU are the ones making the game non-enjoyable for YOU. Try to just take it in as a whole, instead of taking one part you aren't too fond of (which, IMO, nobody has had enough time to form a proper opinion about yet), and saying it ruins the game.

...so, no, nothing you said makes sense.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MarcusRaven said:
Pixma said:
Hi Guys,

Pixma

Seriously, the controls aren't broken. You are. You're blaming your lack of adaptability on the very feature the Wii spearheaded. Getting control of the roll is simple. If you don't want to roll, STOP MOVING. Playing with the nunchuk may help a bit, as these actions don't continue unless the nunchuk moves too. But if you want to play a DKC with the classic controller, play the original trilogy.

EDIT: Something I wanted to add. You have a few things to consider here. The game hasn't even been out a week and your already complaining about controls. Give yourself some time to get used to them! There's no time limits, so find yourself a safe spot on a level and practice if you have to. Figure out your timings and tricks. One thing I find useful (using the nunchuk configuration) is that when I need to only roll a little, I just shake the remote and not the nunchuk. This works great for ground pounding and blowing the plants in the background too. So instead of complaining and asking for a hack only one day after release, how about you do what real gamers do and take the time to get used to the controls. Yes, I understand that there are some games that the controls really do affect how well it plays, but this isn't one of those games. Its not asking you to press (A, B, up, waggle, Plus) to jump.

I Agree there's nothing wrong with the controls. \\you were just born to lose I guess, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-