Gaming Donkey Kong Country Returns

roxas855tw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Excuse Me.
Do anyone know how to force the game in english ?
After Entering the game, the words were all "?" , Some shows Japanese.
I used Neogamma & Gecko, but no worked.
Wii 4.0J Softmoded + cIOSCORP

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
431unknown said:
CJL18 said:
i dont know how you guys play this with just the wii-remote way better with nunchuck to imo

I have to agree, I've tried it both ways and with they nunchuck it is better.

Absolute wonderfull controls with Wiimote -nunchuck style.
No problems what-so-ever.

I really have NO CLUE what people mean with "horrible controls".
Maybe they need new controllers ?
Or get used to how DK moves ( He really moves )
I think the rolling>jump mechanic ( to get to hard places ) is very wel done. It makes you feel your doing a trick, and you're an acrobatic ape.
Overall it feel satisfiyng pulling various combo moves off.
Plus it takes time to master, wich is very good. The rolling and blowing, stomping , hitting , flying. is very fun to master.
And it works very well.

HATS OFF TO RETRO!

I WILL CERTAINLY BUY THIS GAME WHEN IT COMES ON 1 DECEMBER!!!

P.S. although a different game, Epic Mickey dissolves compared to this game...PURE QUALITY.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
god damn they have the jigsaws hidden well i always end up missing 1 or 2! pity they didn't make it so you can use the cube control

Hmm..yes i find myself missing one or 2 too....per level. Well hidden...LOL

Tonight I'm gonna play some more..

killnnllik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
Tonight I'm gonna play some more..

Same here, when I get back from fitness I am gonna play the living daylights out of this one hehe...
Got to love my day off from school tomorrow
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Loving this game already.

Might have to try the wiimote + nunchuk control system though. Kept losing at least one heart on one of the beach levels where you have to keep shaking (to break all the crates) in order to get out of the way of the following cannon balls.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
but do you have to shake both of them or just one ?

Probably me being cack handed but in that particular section I was having real trouble in shaking the wiimote and moving kong (with the D pad) at the same time. The bit at the end of the level (with hundreds of cannon balls landing all over the place) was a pain as well.

But the bugger is not going to beat me
biggrin.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YoshiKart said:
For me, controls took a bit of getting used to. I'd much prefer all the weird new actions (blow, ground pound, etc.) to be mapped to 1/B/Z along with rolling so that it feels EXACTLY like the DKC trilogy.

I don't know why devs don't give us players a choice of either using motion controls or mapping the controls to other buttons. Hopefully someone creates a cheat to map the roll, pound, etc, to the Z button. I think it would work perfectly. At least the sensitivity to make those actions are pretty high. You barely have to shake the controller, but still, a button map would be better.

Besides that very small gripe, I think the game is great. After I'm done I think I'm going to revisit the original three.

QUOTE(jurai @ Nov 22 2010, 12:50 AM) take your piracy talk elsewhere

Says the douche that visits a site that basically revolves around piracy.

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution for the "?" Text issue Japanese Wii owners are having

Replacing the "JAPN" text with "ENGL" in the main.dol resolved my issue.
pq7GZ.jpg

I used Wiiscrubber to replace the original Main.dol as shown in this image
IABcs.jpg

Here's the corrected main.dol that helped me.
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2ojgya7s5yzoda

Edit: Fix'd URL. There also seems to be a way to change it by modifying your wiishop reigon using http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer , as tubebar posted somewhere else in the forums.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Xoa said:
roxas855tw said:
Excuse Me.
Do anyone know how to force the game in english ?
After Entering the game, the words were all "?" , Some shows Japanese.
I used Neogamma & Gecko, but no worked.
Wii 4.0J Softmoded + cIOSCORP

Does anyone know a solution? My Wii is Japanese too, and I have forced regional settings to English, and have never had a problem with this when playing any multi-language, or any Japanese game.

EDIT: nevermind

paratroopa

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is a really good game.

Just collected everything in World 1 except the DK Coins you get for Time Trials.

Anyone else find 1-K a bit of a struggle?

People are complaining about shaking the Wii Remote to roll but you get used to it fairly quickly.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
paratroopa said:
People are complaining about shaking the Wii Remote to roll but you get used to it fairly quickly.
Yeah, I'm having no problem to roll with the nunchuk + wiimote control.
I'm at the beggining of world 3 and I love this game, loved the funny world 2 boss.
Thanks to retro studio for making this game, it's sooo good to play DK after all those years
yaywii.gif

Ulttimaa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Played through the first world and a half, and so far I'm really liking it. It's a lot of fun.

The controls take a bit to get used to, but they're really not that bad. I switched to Wiimote+Nunchuk, because it's kind of a pain on the wrists to have to shake while holding the wiimote sideways. Also, I really don't like the Wiimote's d-pad.

The only downside is that ground-pounding with the Wiimote+Nunchuk requires you shake both of the controllers alternatively, but it's hardly an issue. If you shake the Wiimote or Nunchuk by itself, you'll do a single pound, which is enough for the chests and stuff anyways.

The music is pretty awesome, despite it only being remixes of the DKC trilogy OSTs. The graphics are amazing. Normally, when games that look awesome in 2D transfer over to 3D, they tend to look cheesy and bland(For example, Sonic 4. Rocket Knight on XBLA/Steam/PSN had this issue to an extent as well) but this looks amazing. They did a fantastic job on the the audio and visuals.

It really annoys me to see how many people are knocking the game. Not on GBATemp, but other sites.
I've heard complaints from having a health bar, to no Kremlings, to stuff as minor as there not being an animated DK walking on the map screen. None of which are really that big of a deal. Instant-deaths still exist. I understand that people dislike the lack of the original enemies, but it's hardly worth complaining over. The last one... Ugh, not even gonna touch that one. Probably the only legitimate complaint I've heard was about the lack of water levels. I haven't personally played DKC1-3, but from what I've heard, they were kind of dull anyways. Still, I suppose it's somewhat legitimate.

Seriously, I wish people would chill out. The game is a lot of fun, and so far it seems to have a lot of replay value. The levels aren't terribly long so far, but I haven't actually 100%'d ANY of them yet. The puzzle pieces are pretty well hidden, and even some of the KONG emblems are tricky to get. For example, there's one in the rail cart level that's particularly annoying. So, it seems there's quite a bit to go back and find.

The level design so far is really good. There hasn't been a dull level so far. The first boss fight was really neat, despite being pretty easy. I loved the reactions from the "crowd" and the fight would've offered a small bit of challenge, had the boss not popped out a heart after every hit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far