OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
donkeykong2.jpg

Nintendo UK has announced today via a press release that the classic Donkey Kong is making its début on the Virtual Console for Nintendo 3DS. Donkey Kong takes the arcade classic to a new level, with 101 unique stages of platforming action. Anyone looking to pick up this retro themed classic for their Nintendo 3DS?[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a great game but as long as my PSP's Gameboy emulator is working there's little reason for me to pay for it. Worth looking into if you can't steal it though.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Blaze, piracy should never be a reason for not buying a game.

Being poor is still a valid reason, right? 'Cause right now I'll have to sell my Futurama DVD box set to feed my dog. Besides, if Nintendo would stop pissing about and put something truly worthwhile on the store, like the demo for Starfox which I KNOW exists somewhere, then maybe they'd be able to score some of what little money I possess.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Pingouin7 said:

Being poor is still a valid reason, right? 'Cause right now I'll have to sell my Futurama DVD box set to feed my dog. Besides, if Nintendo would stop pissing about and put something truly worthwhile on the store, like the demo for Starfox which I KNOW exists somewhere, then maybe they'd be able to score some of what little money I possess.

demos are normally free tho
tongue.gif

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
Blaze163 said:
Pingouin7 said:

tongue.gif

Actually I was considering purchasing a few things from DSiWare. People always rave about that Shantae thing, whatever it is. But for reasons beyond my understanding I can't zoom in on the images. And there's no demo for anything on DSiWare. I wouldn't mind picking up that music creation thing either, but again, without any further info on the quality, I can't make an informed decision as to whether it's worth the price. The store's got all sorts of problems right now. Prices are too high on a lot of things, and there's a lot of stuff missing that seems like an obvious inclusion to anyone with a brain. Where are the E3 trailers? Where are the demos? Where are the SNES games we were told are coming? Why does Pokedex 3D only cover the new games and not the older pokemon?

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is nice but I hope they add something else to the eshop like another 3D classic or maybe the first 3DSware game (I know pokedex should count but still.) its kind of hollow =(

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Blaze163 said:
Pingouin7 said:

tongue.gif

Actually I was considering purchasing a few things from DSiWare. People always rave about that Shantae thing, whatever it is. But for reasons beyond my understanding I can't zoom in on the images. And there's no demo for anything on DSiWare. I wouldn't mind picking up that music creation thing either, but again, without any further info on the quality, I can't make an informed decision as to whether it's worth the price. The store's got all sorts of problems right now. Prices are too high on a lot of things, and there's a lot of stuff missing that seems like an obvious inclusion to anyone with a brain. Where are the E3 trailers? Where are the demos? Where are the SNES games we were told are coming? Why does Pokedex 3D only cover the new games and not the older pokemon?

theres an update button under options on the pokedex
tongue.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Pingouin7 said:

I agree, pirating to use as a demo is okay in my book. It's not our fault that they don't always put demos of games up so we can try them and decide if we like them. I'm not really okay with the idea of "pirate it until I buy it", but I can't say I'm against it either, as that's what I do with games I'm sure I'll buy in the future.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is good for the industry. Pirates play more games, give word-of-mouth recommendations, etc. Similar formula with fake jewelery/handbags/clothes/etc. People see the fake clothes and go buy the real shit.

Rhythm Core Alpha for dsiware is good and worth paying for. But god damn I would pirate the shit out of dsiware if I could.

also this is bullshit, Donkey Kong for GB was one of the 1st games to support color w/ the Super Game Boy adapter. Why B&W ?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally feel pirating a game can be very, VERY beneficial if you own the game too.

Let's say you got the super-rare game and watch collection from club nintendo.

That thing will certainly fetch a pretty penny mint in box, right?

But, don't you want to play the game too?

Simply download a copy onto your R4/AceKard/Whatever and keep that game unopened in its box.

By the time you actually do sell it, you'll make more. You can delete the ROM upon doing so for good measure, but that's up to you.

On-Topic: Coolz. The predecessor to Mario Vs Donkey Kong GBA is a GREAT game.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just saw it, 4 euros... I already have the original cartridge and I don't feel the need to have a digital copy (links awakening and the very likely pokemon games are exception).

I just hope eShop wont be 1 week 1 game forever...
rolleyes.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The source article is pretty badly written.
It never explicitly states that this is the Gameboy Title called Donkey Kong

For all I know this could've been the NES Donkey Kong, or possibly an esoteric title like the old Home computer versions.
Or judging from "101 stages improving on the arcade version" it might've been a 3D classic remake like Excite Bike.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is easily one of my favorite Gameboy games. And it's probably even better if you've never played it.

muffintop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Nintendo is selling games I've been playing for free for the past eight years and that I have on half a dozen consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1