• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Donald Trump announces he has COVID-19

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That headline is sketchy. Anything that makes claims that crazy is usually a flawed study. Your crazy radar should go off. It's either flawed because not enough data is collected. Or the person writing the article didn't properly read the study. Or they know exactly what the study says but make overexagerating claims to get more views.

55% of 60 patients. It doesn't represent the majority of the population that gets covid which is what over 34 million. Its too small of a sample size.

The 60 patients were hospitalized. It doesn't tell you about non hospitalized patients that got covid.

And the patients were severely hospitalized. Which isn't representative of all hospitalized patients that get covid.

The article itself even says

"While it’s too soon to say whether such post-COVID conditions will be chronic"
The headline clearly states these were patients. It clearly states that it was a study. There's nothing crazy or flawed about the headline. Perhaps it's a flaw in the way you read headlines.

Contrary to your statement, study groups roughly 60 in size or smaller are common and are helpful toward gaining immediate knowledge regarding a new illness, which is more important than pin point accuracy. For example, the Ohio State Covid-19\myocarditis study only involved a couple dozen athletes. If it was a flawed study, I highly doubt thelancelot would've published it.

Furthermore, there were multiple studies included in that article that underscored my point and certainly more that I'll post as I find them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I admit it!
:rofl2:

D

Deleted User

This is the kind of bullshit the liberal media posts. New York Times speculates Trump may not remain on ballot after contracting coronavirus. Total and utter bullshit, the only way he doesn't continue is if he dies. No matter how much you Dems may hope he does he isn't going to die. He will have to be beat fair and square (with of course the help of some mail in voter fraud)

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that's what you get when you try and downplay the virus, hold massive indoor events right now, and only rarely actually wear a mask.

Though the cynic in me has me wondering if this is a calculated lie, so he can pop back up 2 days later say he's better than ever and it was no big deal, and then use that as supposed proof that the dangers of this virus has been blown out of proportion.

I love how not wanting to freak everyone out is downplaying it. I also love how you guys lecture about the Trump rallies yet give a free pass to the rioters, looters. and protestors. And yes, the virus is being blown out of proportion for political reasons. If it was as bad as they say, they wouldn't have to cook the numbers by adding people who died of shootings and in motorcycle crashes to the Covid lists.

Now let's watch the so called loving and tolerant left get giddy at the thought of Trump dying while they paint the right-wing as hateful.

Reactions: gregory-samba
D

Deleted User

[QUOTE="RickFryMcFly, post: 9220165, member: 538337"
Now let's watch the so called loving and tolerant left get giddy at the thought of Trump dying while they paint the right-wing as hateful.[/QUOTE]

You're late to the party my friend. All you gotta do is read the thread.

Reactions: RickFryMcFly

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="RickFryMcFly, post: 9220165, member: 538337"
Now let's watch the so called loving and tolerant left get giddy at the thought of Trump dying while they paint the right-wing as hateful.

You're late to the party my friend. All you gotta do is read the thread.[/QUOTE]
It's going to backfire on them as normal people who may be on the fence see it and are disgusted by it. The libs just can't help themselves though.

D

Deleted User

You're late to the party my friend. All you gotta do is read the thread.
It's going to backfire on them as normal people who may be on the fence see it and are disgusted by it. The libs just can't help themselves though.

I said this yesterday in another thread. Those weed smoking peace loving hippies are not at all in alignment with todays Democrats. Especially the leaders. They are war hungry, they are evil, and they are dangerous. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump was given the virus at the debate on purpose.

Last edited by ,

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right painted that self-portrait long ago buddy.

No, that incorrect picture was painted when the leftist dinosaur media when they had a stranglehold on the flow of info. And like the leftist dinosaur media, the picture is dying as people realize it is the left who hates everything America stands for.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I said this yesterday in another thread. Those weed smoking peace loving hippies are not at all in alignment with todays Democrats. Especially the leaders. They are war hungry, they are evil, and they are dangerous. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump was given the virus at the debate on purpose.

Isn't it funny how the anti-war left went MIA under Obama?

Reactions: Deleted User

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how not wanting to freak everyone out is downplaying it.
Not what I said. I mean that I can see him coming out, after going through hell and then saying that the disease is no big deal, anyone can get it and not worry about it. That's something I can absolutely see him doing, and that is not a positive thing.

I also love how you guys lecture about the Trump rallies yet give a free pass to the rioters, looters. and protestors.
When? When did I do that? Never once have I proclaimed that all these protests are good things to do right now. (all the same, at least they were outside, still this is a terrrible time for such things to occur regardless, I completely agree)

And yes, the virus is being blown out of proportion for political reasons. If it was as bad as they say, they wouldn't have to cook the numbers by adding people who died of shootings and in motorcycle crashes to the Covid lists.
Jesus, you've really red pilled yourself, huh? If you want to believe it's all a hoax, have at it. Doesn't change the fact that people all around the world are needlessly dying of this thing and that is not something to sweep under the rug and pretend isn't happening.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I would never wish death on my worst enemy.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Jesus, you've really red pilled yourself, huh? If you want to believe it's all a hoax, have at it. Doesn't change the fact that people all around the world are needlessly dying of this thing and that is not something to sweep under the rug and pretend isn't happening."

Did I say it isn't happening? no, I said it's being overblown for political reasons and I stand by that.

The CDC admits 94% of people who did had at least 1 significant comorbidity

I work in a grocery store that never closed and in this whole thing we only had one person get it...

We also didn't start wearing masks here until the end of April.

Even now, most people don't wear masks properly which means we'd all be screwed if the masks were so necessary.

Also, economic depression and tyranny are much more likely to kill you than a cold virus. "Democide" is actually the number 1 cause of unnatural death in human history.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Jesus, you've really red pilled yourself, huh? If you want to believe it's all a hoax, have at it. Doesn't change the fact that people all around the world are needlessly dying of this thing and that is not something to sweep under the rug and pretend isn't happening."

Did I say it isn't happening? no, I said it's being overblown for political reasons and I stand by that.
Again, overblown or not, we shouldn't ignore it, at all. It's a serious new disease that now has killed over 200,000 people in the US in less than a year. Even if that were inflated by 100% and only 100,000 people have died, that's still incredibly fucked up. A year ago, most of those people had nothing wrong with them, and if this year were like any other year, they wouldn't have anything wrong with them now either and they wouldn't have died (again most of them, I'm sure some would have died naturally regardless)

I work in a grocery store that never closed and in this whole thing we only had one person get it...
I work at a restaurant, most of us got. I got it way back at the end of March, it fucking sucked, but came out of the other end alright.

We also didn't start wearing masks here until the end of April.
Really wish we all were, maybe I wouldn't have got it.

Even now, most people don't wear masks properly which means we'd all be screwed if the masks were so necessary.
I agree, there are too many morons out there not properly doing their part and it could be helping lead to more deaths, it's terrible.

Also, economic depression and tyranny are much more likely to kill you than a cold virus. "Democide" is actually the number 1 cause of unnatural death in human history.
In this last year I felt first hand much more like the virus was about to kill me than the economy was.

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, overblown or not, we shouldn't ignore it, at all. It's a serious new disease that now has killed over 200,000 people in the US in less than a year. Even if that were inflated by 100% and only 100,000 people have died, that's still incredibly fucked up. A year ago, most of those people had nothing wrong with them, and if this year were like any other year, they wouldn't have anything wrong with them now either and they wouldn't have died (again most of them, I'm sure some would have died naturally regardless)

I work at a restaurant, most of us got. I got it way back at the end of March, it fucking sucked, but came out of the other end alright.

Really wish we all were, maybe I wouldn't have got it.

I agree, there are too many morons out there not properly doing their part and it could be helping lead to more deaths, it's terrible.

In this last year I felt first hand much more like the virus was about to kill me than the economy was.

You got sick and you got better, that feeds into my argument.

"In this last year I felt first hand much more like the virus was about to kill me than the economy was"

How you felt doesn't negate the historical truths I put forth.

Last edited by RickFryMcFly,

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having lived through it, I assure you, it's not something to be taken lightly. Sickest I've ever been in my life by a wide margin, genuine hell.

Again, that sucks but it does nothing to negate my arguments. Government tyranny is nothing to be taken lightly. Aren't you concerned by the fact that all they have to do it say "virus" and they can proceed to drop trou and crap all over our civil liberties?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, that sucks but it does nothing to negate my arguments. Government tyranny is nothing to be taken lightly. Aren't you concerned by the fact that all they have to do it say "virus" and they can proceed to drop trou and crap all over our civil liberties?

I just want us to get past this virus, so we can care about the stupid bullshit again, but Trump has no intention of doing what it would take to get to that point, he'd rather ensure that the economy doesn't stop flourishing, but the economy can be recovered, people that die of this virus can't be brought back to life.

Anyway I think we've both made our points clear, hopefully you understand you made a lot of incorrect assumptions about me, and maybe you think twice before painting blanket statements over any commenter who says something that doesn't jive with your world view.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want us to get past this virus, so we can care about the stupid bullshit again, but Trump has no intention of doing what it would take to get to that point, he'd rather ensure that the economy doesn't stop flourishing, but the economy can be recovered, people that die of this virus can't be brought back to life.

Civil liberties are "stupid bullshit?" are you arguing that freedom isn't worth dying for?

Also, do some research on how many people die in economic depressions

Last edited by RickFryMcFly,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==