Dolphin + Windows 10 = ???

tommzyd3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
QUOTE="Kawaii, post: 5697534, member: 365235"]Thanks. it works now with that emulator attach on the tutorial. The emulator is using 3.0 though. But its loading my 4.2gb skyward iso.
Since its loading fine, should i still use 3.5 or 4.0 for that WBFS?

And from my reading, 4.0 does not support motion plus. hence will not work on skyward[/QUOTE]
usal DVD size is around 4 .4.2 Giga BYtes > dolphin version latest is 5.0. the current best version of dolphin emu is 4.0 from around ver 4095 to 7200 or so......it has to be 64 bit..to make it faster..you picked up silly game...download some other game if it doesn't work...I gave up on many games...for them being boring or just not working as they should.....check out some wii gameplay on youtube find what you like....... WBFS format is Compacted ISO format *it takes away # blank space# in the package so a game that is actually only for instance TMNT 2013 only 650 mb the iso is around 4.1 GB....etc. you can convert from iso to wbfs with tools....since ver 3.5 dolphin WBFS support is included... Quote >
WBFS, or Wii Backup File System, is a file system developed by Wii homebrew coders kwiirk and Waninkoko. It uses Waninkoko's cIOS and works by creating a WBFS partition on a SD or USB device. A Wii homebrew application may then be run to dump a Wii game to the partition. The titles may then be launched using a Wii USB loader, which uses cIOS and USB 2.0 to load games from an external device.

Although there is no way to natively load a WBFS partition in a PC environment, they can be run in a Wii emulator, such as Dolphin. There are also several applications, such as WBFS managers (Mac OS X, Linux and Windows), that allow the transfer of ISO image files to a WBFS formatted drive. The main advantage of this is the reduction in file size the WBFS format allows, as Wii discs are filled with padding data that must be present in the ISO but that the WBFS file system can strip away. This can allow some smaller games to go from a 4.7 GB (4.37 GiB) ISO file to less than a hundred megabytes as any unused space on the disk will be filled by this padding data. so if you have many games that saves a lot of space....

you can also try out PCSX2..for ps2 games or latest xenia xbox 360 emulator we are working on/NO PROpaganda....it the real deal....but currently still very slow......like PPSSPP psp emulator was like 3 ago....
here you can download the wii menu if you don't know how to use nus downloader.......and import into wii directory....
older versions of dolphin has much worse graphic intergration specialy with newer cards.and systems....that why we use new version to get best performance....sound working.etc..controls working... wii flow for me only worked and Homebrew chanell on ver 3.5 348 it was the most optimal but some new games don't work on 3.5 or 3.0 for that matter witch only run-s iso games.......many games are downloadedble in WBFS or that other format that can be converted to iso then to wbfs..... so you really need new version to get things working as they should.... plus when u download a game u not downloading 4.5 gb but 500 mb

Last edited by tommzyd3,
Reactions: Kawaii

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks. it works now with that emulator attach on the tutorial. The emulator is using 3.0 though. But its loading my 4.2gb skyward iso.
Since its loading fine, should i still use 3.5 or 4.0 for that WBFS?

And from my reading, 4.0 does not support motion plus. hence will not work on skyward
usal DVD size is around 4 .4.2 Giga BYtes > dolphin version latest is 5.0. the current best version of dolphin emu is 4.0 from around ver 4095 to 7200 or so......it has to be 64 bit..to make it faster..you picked up silly game...download some other game if it doesn't work...I gave up on many games...for them being boring or just not working as they should.....check out some wii gameplay on youtube find what you like....... WBFS format is Compacted ISO format *it takes away # blank space# in the package so a game that is actually only for instance TMNT 2013 only 650 mb the iso is around 4.1 GB....etc. you can convert from iso to wbfs with tools....since ver 3.5 dolphin WBFS support is included... Quote >
WBFS, or Wii Backup File System, is a file system developed by Wii homebrew coders kwiirk and Waninkoko. It uses Waninkoko's cIOS and works by creating a WBFS partition on a SD or USB device. A Wii homebrew application may then be run to dump a Wii game to the partition. The titles may then be launched using a Wii USB loader, which uses cIOS and USB 2.0 to load games from an external device.

Although there is no way to natively load a WBFS partition in a PC environment, they can be run in a Wii emulator, such as Dolphin. There are also several applications, such as WBFS managers (Mac OS X, Linux and Windows), that allow the transfer of ISO image files to a WBFS formatted drive. The main advantage of this is the reduction in file size the WBFS format allows, as Wii discs are filled with padding data that must be present in the ISO but that the WBFS file system can strip away. This can allow some smaller games to go from a 4.7 GB (4.37 GiB) ISO file to less than a hundred megabytes as any unused space on the disk will be filled by this padding data. so if you have many games that saves a lot of space....

you can also try out PCSX2..for ps2 games or latest xenia xbox 360 emulator we are working on/NO PROpaganda....it the real deal....but currently still very slow......like PPSSPP psp emulator was like 3 ago....
here you can download the wii menu if you don't know how to use nus downloader.......and import into wii directory....
older versions of dolphin has much worse graphic intergration specialy with newer cards.and systems....that why we use new version to get best performance....sound working.etc..controls working... wii flow for me only worked and Homebrew chanell on ver 3.5 348 it was the most optimal but some new games don't work on 3.5 or 3.0 for that matter witch only run-s iso games.......many games are downloadedble in WBFS or that other format that can be converted to iso then to wbfs..... so you really need new version to get things working as they should.... plus when u download a game u not downloading 4.5 gb but 500 mb

Thank you! That's very informative. I have a few more questions though.
1) Is there any workaround to emulate motion plus on 4.0? (why do they even remove that feature, it was working on 3.0)
2) Do you recommend getting generic nunchuck+wiimote on ebay? and if im planning on buying wiimote, is the sensor bar a compulsory component to purchase? (never used a wii before)

+1 for Xenia project =D its awesome and good luck!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Thank you! That's very informative. I have a few more questions though.
1) Is there any workaround to emulate motion plus on 4.0? (why do they even remove that feature, it was working on 3.0)
2) Do you recommend getting generic nunchuck+wiimote on ebay? and if im planning on buying wiimote, is the sensor bar a compulsory component to purchase? (never used a wii before)

+1 for Xenia project =D its awesome and good luck!
1: I don't think there is, although if you have a compatible Wii controller and a MotionPlus addon, it will work properly.
2: Get official Nintendo ones, they're guaranteed to work. As for a sensor bar, get a battery-powered one. The cord is purely for power, as the wii controller uses the sensor bar to detect which way is forward. Some games (SMG series) require them, so it's recommended you get one.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
1: I don't think there is, although if you have a compatible Wii controller and a MotionPlus addon, it will work properly.
2: Get official Nintendo ones, they're guaranteed to work. As for a sensor bar, get a battery-powered one. The cord is purely for power, as the wii controller uses the sensor bar to detect which way is forward. Some games (SMG series) require them, so it's recommended you get one.

For wireless sensor bar. WIll this do the job? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wireles...Replacement-/231492476455?hash=item35e606de27
I assume it will be connected via bluetooth?

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For wireless sensor bar. WIll this do the job? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wireles...Replacement-/231492476455?hash=item35e606de27
I assume it will be connected via bluetooth?
The Sensor Bar isn't actually a sensor. It's just 2 sets of IR LEDs which the Wiimote can see with its IR camera (under the black thing on the top of the Wiimote). The sensor bar doesn't transmit or receive any data, so you could just put two candles where the LEDs would be and it would work.

The Wiimote does connect through bluetooth. It generally works pretty well with both Microsoft and Toshiba bluetooth stacks, though the Toshiba one is better (you have to pay for it if you use it with any non-toshiba bluetooth adapters).

If you want an actually good Wii sensor bar for you PC, grab a DolphinBar (http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010...TF8&qid=1443558538&sr=8-1&keywords=dolphinbar) and grab a nightly or the newest release candidate of Dolphin (https://dolphin-emu.org/download/). The sensor bar has a bluetooth adapter built in specifically for the WiiMote, and Dolphin supports it natively without any need for any specific buetooth stack.

Last edited by videogamefanatic,

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Would it be sufficient to have genuine wii remote + fake nunchucks + fake motion plus.
assuming all the data is sent through the wii remote?

D

Deleted User

Maybe its your ISO that is having issues? You said that WADs work. I doubt its windows 10 since I along with other users in this thread have it working on win10

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that when I installed Bass DLC for Megaman 10 on DOLPHIN emulator and I dont see the title screen with Bass appear before Megaman and Protoman. What s the problem ? @_@

In Wii Console, I was able to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo