Homebrew Question Dolphin on Switch in 2021?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m4wx isn't interested and no-one else seems to be as heavy into Horizon retroarch dev so it seems highly unlikely.

You can run it on ubuntu/android/lakka right now and performance is kind of spotty. Switch isn't really powerful enough to run much of the library at fullspeed. Even Nintendo themselves are recompiling their gamecube/wii ports and don't try to emulate the whole system in realtime.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use the dual boot options. Most gamecube can basically run fullspeed, but if your after trying to play wii games, very few are playable.
Muramasa and New Super Mario Bros Wii work pretty flawlessly, but 95% of the wii library runs poorly even with OC.
Don’t ever expect to be playing gc/wii on CFW.
The best chance were the hybrid emulators created for 3d allstars. If something does ever come from those it will be a matter of years.

Reactions: Taelsien

shivoooooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A friend of mine asked this question a few times before, and m4xw said to pay him and he would work on it
It seems normal to me to respond that way. Nobody sees the immense work behind every homebrew. This requires great capabilities and a long, long time and that the user of the scene does not value (obviously a comment and like are not enough).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's already ported, name's «Horizon OS».
Yuzu on Switch would be pretty Meta, and probably run like crap with Android running overhead, gobbling up the precious resources.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone inject GC ISOs into Mario 3D All-Stars yet, in place of Sunshine?
From what I've seen in parts each of those emulators built in are custom to each game. I'd imagine it's not like 3ds vc injecting.
I hope to be proved wrong in the future, switch has a brilliant homebrew scene.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!