Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
OK, so since Dolphin 2.0 RC1 supports Brawl, I want to use my Wii save and record my replays in HD. However, I've gone through all the config windows, and I don't see an HD option! I have an HD monitor, and I NEED HD REPLAYS! HALP!!!

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a 720p monitor, set the resolution to either 1366x768 or 1280x720. If you have a 1080p monitor, set the resolution to 1920x1080.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you using uncompressed frames? Even a short video will result in a gigantic file and will be hard to play on even a good computer.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
Why are you using uncompressed frames? Even a short video will result in a gigantic file and will be hard to play on even a good computer.

I figured highest quality. How do the people on YouTube get those 720p videos that look like a TV capture?

BTW, this is to play on a Blu-Ray player through USB.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
laugh.gif

they don't use dolphin, i think, they use a regular wii a video rgb to usb which connects to the pc and then thety get the screencasting software and recored whatever is onscreen whiler they demo on the wii

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
laugh.gif

they don't use dolphin, i think, they use a regular wii a video rgb to usb which connects to the pc and then thety get the screencasting software and recored whatever is onscreen whiler they demo on the wii

Actually, the titles are "SSBB on Dolphin Emulator 720p HD" and stuff like that, because Dolphin can upgrade the graphics to 720p (google it). Go they use a separate program or something?

P.S. Is it normal for Brawl to run faster than Melee? When recording, Melee is about 40% speed, but Brawl is like 90% speed. I only have 2.4GHz for crying out loud!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2.4Ghz? I don't think that's enough raw power to be able run Dolphin and Fraps etc smoothly at the same time.

You'll need to use something like fraps to do what you want to do.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
P.S. Is it normal for Brawl to run faster than Melee? When recording, Melee is about 40% speed, but Brawl is like 90% speed. I only have 2.4GHz for crying out loud!
Measuring processors by just GHZ is like measuring cars by just RPM. Don't mean shit.

Can we get a model number?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why it matters, but: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

And no, I will NOT overclock it to 3.2GHz for 3 reasons:

1. It has no cooling
2. It is not my computer
3. I don't know how

Oh, and thanks tk_saturn, that was just what I needed. BTW, how do you suggest I get FRAPS without limits? ...Certain places?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
I don't see why it matters
Older Processors.
The "Intel Pentium 4" 2.26ghz processor scores 288.
Newer Processors.
The "Intel Core 2 Duo P7350" 2.00ghz processor scores 1,318.
You cannot compare just by ghz. The model makes a huge difference nowadays.

Anyways I assume you have the multi-threading (which is making use of multiple cores) option in Dolphin on? Leave one core for recording, though.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Fishaman P said:
I don't see why it matters
Older Processors.
The "Intel Pentium 4" 2.26ghz processor scores 288.
Newer Processors.
The "Intel Core 2 Duo P7350" 2.00ghz processor scores 1,318.
You cannot compare just by ghz. The model makes a huge difference nowadays.
Hard to compare those 2. Pentium 4 is a single core CPU so it has 2.26GHz in one core. A Core 2 Duo is, of course, dual core so it has two 2GHz cores giving it a total of 4GHz. Not the same speed. That said its not simply double and many more programs are dual core optimised now so they run significantly better on dual cores.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Hard to compare those 2. Pentium 4 is a single core CPU so it has 2.26GHz in one core. A Core 2 Duo is, of course, dual core so it has two 2GHz cores giving it a total of 4GHz. Not the same speed. That said its not simply double and many more programs are dual core optimised now so they run significantly better on dual cores.
1,318 is not what you get when you double 288. Nor when you triple. Not even quadruple.

A dual-core processor is NOT two processors in one. A dual-core 2ghz processor is NOT the same as a single-core 4ghz processor! Only things that actually USE more than one core will benefit, while things made for only one core don't benefit from more cores.

Each core allows you to do a task. Having multiple cores allows you to do multiple tasks at once.

Let's say that the task is baking a cake. You have to mix the batter, then bake the cake, then decorate it. These three steps cannot be done out of order, you cannot do two or more at the same time. You have to do the first step, then do the second, then the third... so more cores (more people cooking) wouldn't speed it up.

However, if the task was making spaghetti, then multiple cores could speed it up. You could have one person cooking the sauce, another cooking the meat, and a third cooking the noodles, all at the same time. Three cores are being used, the entire process is almost three times as fast as cooking them all in order one at a time.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
You did read my post right?

Jamstruth said:
It wasn't the most clear but it was there. Having two 2GHz CPUs does give you roughly 4GHz of processing power at your fingertips. Most games etc. are now dual core optimised and take advantage of this. Any other program simply has the load shared between the 2 cores equally (To my understanding anyway) meaning you have roughly the 4GHz at your disposal this is less efficient though.
My understanding may not be right though so feel free to correct me further.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Any other program simply has the load shared between the 2 cores equally (To my understanding anyway) meaning you have roughly the 4GHz at your disposal this is less efficient though.
My understanding may not be right though so feel free to correct me further.
That part isn't correct. If a program is not spawning multiple threads then it can only run on one core. The program has to be modified from the ground up to use multiple cores, since it needs to run in multiple threads and keep proper timing and communication between them. If it's not a task that can benefit from multiple cores (such as a web browser or video/music player) then there's nothing more cores can do and it will only run on one core.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
You sure? My PC runs a dual core and I have options to set which core each process is on. I think its possible for them to split the load of a task but they still have to take each task on at the same time and in the right order so there's just a minor speed boost.

Fair enough if I'm wrong though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: