Hacking doesnt the r4 need and 4th menu icon (apps)?

hmvh1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
now that dsorganize can run on the r4
do you think the r4 should have a 4th menu icon...for example

games -apps- media - slot2

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now that dsorganize can run on the r4
do you think the r4 should have a 4th menu icon...for example

games -apps- media - slot2

Or if you don't mind it showing 'multimedia' in the bottom. You can replace the _DS_MSHL.NDS with the dsorganize one and have it as the 2nd icon.

I really don't want another icon.. me skins will suffer
cry.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I don't think so. Seems pretty redundant :/ And like KM said, you could just replace the Multimedia. Or hell, just have your Games menu act as Games and Apps as well, showing a Games and Apps subfolder in the root. Yeah, we'd have to redo every skin if they did that. I've already taken this possibility into account though: Later firmware updates may destroy current skins depending on what's changed. I'm just hoping the only thing that gets changed as far as GUI is considered (or added on rather) would be highlight customization as well as text customization (font, color, displayed text).

hmvh1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
once more apps come around like a homebrew browser, emulators, etc i think it will be inevitable because scrolling through your games (especially when you have many) to find an app is ridiculous, plus adding a 4th icon to a skin isnt hard at all.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
once more apps come around like a homebrew browser, emulators, etc i think it will be inevitable because scrolling through your games (especially when you have many) to find an app is ridiculous, plus adding a 4th icon to a skin isnt hard at all.
Eh, you gotta resize the previous ones to fit the 4th, more work than needed I guess. And you wouldn't have to scroll through your games to find it. Set up your directories how I currently have mine:

ROOT
>GAMES
>MULTIMEDIA
>APPS

Secondly, like you say, once more apps come around that would of course be a possibility. As of right now, a lot of current homebrew requires being in the root directory which I couldn't see how that would work out...All in all, I can't see a 4th icon working out, it'd be way too much work. Now what I could see is them just redoing the whole damn GUI which would be pretty awesome.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...