Does you DSi make cracking noise?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FFdreamer, Aug 7, 2010.

Aug 7, 2010
  1. FFdreamer
    OP

Newcomer FFdreamer Member

Croatia
    When I open the top screen to the part when it first locks and then when I slightly tilt the console left/right/forwards/backwards this clicking noise appears, but it's not until I pull the screen so much that it locks that it starts doing that... You have to put the console closer to you to hear... Does that happen to you others, too?[​IMG]

2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    It happens on my DS Lite, the screen feels rather flimsy.

3. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    I'm not referring to the click it makes when the screen locks, but afterwards, if I tilt it from left to right this clicking noise can be heard, as if a small ball or something was inside the machine and was rolling, but it's not actually rolling all the way, more like slightly moving, it's annoying:S... But since it doesn't make any noise when I pull the screen back slightly before the lock position, I can only assume nothing loose is in the machine itself... Should I start going crazy or not?

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    The only cracking noise I hear of my DSi is the noise I get when pressing the part below the right speaker, or the part where the power button is. The noise has decreased a lot since I first started using it though.

That, or my ears are dead.

5. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    You have to put the machine real close to your ears, like half the length you would normally play at, even more perhaps...

I think it's just shitty plastic, that's all... What's annoying is I can actually hear it more that the sound from the game set on max lol...

6. pikachu945

Member pikachu945 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    my Nintendo DSi is perfect it does not make any such sound when opening the lid.

7. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    As I said, not the opening lid sound, but afterwards when you tilt it around...

8. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    so far, i have had no problems with my DSi... maybe something inside has gotten misplaced?

9. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    Dunno, I suppose if that were true than it would make that noise no matter how wide the screen is open, right? After oversleeping it, I realised it wasn't that pronounced like I thought yesterday, I think it's just squeaky plastic...