Hacking Does this micro sd to ms pro duo adapter really work?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I think I got fake from DX becouse it was actually falling apart after I opened package, but I put some clear tape over it and it works like legit. If it breaks I'll just order 5 more... oh it's sold out ._.

LeeKrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I would like to use two 32gb micro sd cards in a psp 2001(slim). Will that still work and what would be the brands for both sd and adapter? (going through amazon or walmart(in store would be nice info).

MacrossSkullOne

"She's a Magical Girl"
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I would like to use two 32gb micro sd cards in a psp 2001(slim). Will that still work and what would be the brands for both sd and adapter? (going through amazon or walmart(in store would be nice info).
I got mine from Amazon. I run 2 sandisk 64gb micros on my PSP 3000 (brite).

0712122326-00.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-pic-

Hot damn. I need me two of those.

MacrossSkullOne

"She's a Magical Girl"
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-pic-

Hot damn. I need me two of those.
Best purchase I ever made. The best thing is there cheaper now. When I got mine, I paid about $500 for everything. Now you can probably pick everything up, for about $150-$200.

0712122329-03.jpg

shamown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm having a problem with mine. I have the photofast cr-5400 adapter and I have two 16 GB cards in there. I put 20 GB worth of games in there, but only a handful of them work. I can confirm that all of them work because of my previous use with my 4gb card. Any help is appreciated.

Its_just_Lou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got fake from DX becouse it was actually falling apart after I opened package, but I put some clear tape over it and it works like legit. If it breaks I'll just order 5 more... oh it's sold out ._.

Well, this is 'comforting' to hear....I have one of these on the way from DX.
:unsure:

On a semi-related note, does anyone know exactly WHICH games are available using the 'Capcom Arcade Emulator(s)' ?
(Thanks in advance.)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey I'm having a problem with mine. I have the photofast cr-5400 adapter and I have two 16 GB cards in there. I put 20 GB worth of games in there, but only a handful of them work. I can confirm that all of them work because of my previous use with my 4gb card. Any help is appreciated.
Try turning off MS Speedup - it's not always working with SD adapters. Most adapter issues are connected with latency, so yeah... Might also be one of your SD cards being too slow or the adapter itself being fake - check if it works normally when you only have an SD in slot 1, if it does, it's a tell-tale sign that your adapter's fake.

Ryudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The guy in the OP had PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot.. but someone mentioned SDHC support is better in this topic as well. So I found this one: PhotoFast MicroSDHC to MS PRO DUO Adapter. Converts Two MicroSD or MicroSDHC Cards To MS PRO DUO

Can someone confirm which one of these is actually better, and what the difference between this CR-5400 and SDHC is?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally, all of the adaptors are the same. The hit and miss seems to be when you are using two different brand or speed of cards. Ive used numerous different Dual microSD converters on mine and PSPs ive done for family / friends and have had zero issues at all. And i think thats all down to the fact that i make sure the paired Micro SD cards are identical. Ive got a cheap converter for my own PSP, and yes its very flimsy but like another user on here i have 128GB in mine, and never had a single issue (now coming up to 6 months still going strong with daily use)

Ryudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I wouldn't get different brands for the cards, I'd definitely get identical cards.

I'm just a bit confused on the difference between this CR-5400 and SDHC card thing. Since someone mentioned that you should get one with SDHC support.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Problem is genuine CR-5400 is no longer in production. No matter which one you buy it is bound to be a fake one. I bought two of such fakes.

One would work in slot 1 only (no more than 16GB) at very slow speed, while the other totally fried my microSD card.

Really, just get the real Memory Stick rather than being cheap on these adapters. I bought 2x 32GB Memory Stick Duo for $100 during sales.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I can also confirm that this works, but it was a bit tricky. If the microSD cards are already formatted when you put them together it only sees one of the cards. I solved this by putting the duo adapter into the PSP and attempting to format it there - which it could not do, but by corrupting the previous partitions I was able to use FAT32 Formatter to format the two 64 GB SD cards to a single 128 GB card. Both microSD cards work together as a single card so I would advice against taking the microSD cards out unless you don't mind loosing the data.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought (2) 32GB Duo's (2x16) for my kids PSP's and no problems. Mine are not generic. I know with 3DS carts, cheaper is not always a good thing to this type of items. In all fairness, the memory card you use in any adapter is where quality is most important (IMHO) :)

ISO-Man

Guerillaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They work great!!! I got a Photofast CR-5400 with 2 x 16GB micro sd cards and it works great. My only complain is that with the more memory that you add, it takes longer for the PSP to load all the files. This doesn't mean games. Games and apps all load fast, its just when the PSP utilizes the memory stick, it freezes for a bit while reading all the files.

Mccann113

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have recently brought a memory pro adapter and an SD HC card to go inside it and it don't seem to read the SD card.. does anyone know if the seems adapters can only use a type of SD card for it to work on a psp. I brought a San Disk btw
thanks

DSPresents

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have recently brought a memory pro adapter and an SD HC card to go inside it and it don't seem to read the SD card.. does anyone know if the seems adapters can only use a type of SD card for it to work on a psp. I brought a San Disk btw
thanks

Might be problem with adapter, i have the same issue, returned and changed it.

Reactions: Mccann113

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks
Did you format it to FAT32?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival