Hacking Does this micro sd to ms pro duo adapter really work?

Mccann113

Trophies
XP
Country
I have put my adapter into with the sd card into my Sony Laptop and have formatted the card and it still won't read proper in my psp. Soon as I put it in the PSP it states it can't read my card but clearly can as it recognises I have just inserted my PSP.. So strange. So it don't look like the adapter is broke as it works in my lap top and the SD Card clearly works as it works on my phone and in the adapter when inserted into my lap top but it can't be my PSP as that registers my normal Magic Gate me memory card.. can anyone please help I really need this sorted by tomorrow evening

Joltlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have put my adapter into with the sd card into my Sony Laptop and have formatted the card and it still won't read proper in my psp. Soon as I put it in the PSP it states it can't read my card but clearly can as it recognises I have just inserted my PSP.. So strange. So it don't look like the adapter is broke as it works in my lap top and the SD Card clearly works as it works on my phone and in the adapter when inserted into my lap top but it can't be my PSP as that registers my normal Magic Gate me memory card.. can anyone please help I really need this sorted by tomorrow evening

You need to format it in the PSP to have it show up as usable

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You may need a third party software, like SDformatter or Partition Magic or similar, Windows does not support formatting of bigger SD cards (not sure if this only goes for SDXC and also for SDHC). I know the 3DS needs that procedure to allow 64gb and 128gb SD, cause it only accepts FAt32, no exFAT, NTFS etc. IIRC its similar with PSP, but not 100% sure. Worth a try. Sometimes you need to reinsert the mSD into the Adapter and the adapter into the system...
( I used a 64gb mSD in a mSD to Memory Stick Adapter just fine)

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, I format each SD separately on the PC then format as 1 on the PSP. Duo adapters are extremely fragile. Too much inserting/ejecting can cause them to split and not allow a good connection with the SD cards inside.

ISO-Man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...