Hacking Does the Supercard Lite Work With The R4?

thomasroberts6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But the supercard does work, right?

Sorry, its just i would like one as soon as possible, and amazon is out of EZ Flash 3 IN 1's...

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the supercard works. It can play NDS and GBA games by itself, no need for R4. You can also use it as RAM for the Opera browser, and can use it for older homebrew like Hexen and Heretic (for example, but most old homebrew in general). Also DS Linux as a RAM pack

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the supercard works. It can play NDS and GBA games by itself, no need for R4. You can also use it as RAM for the Opera browser, and can use it for older homebrew like Hexen and Heretic (for example, but most old homebrew in general). Also DS Linux as a RAM pack
Truuf. Just make sure you don't get the SC Lite Rumble. And also know that GBA compatibility is not perfect on the SC Lite.

HackNeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say get the eWin Expansion Pak!

Right now the only place to buy the EEP is psxboy.com and they have very fast shipping (just a few days) if you pay the the extra $20 US and the total was just under $34 for me. Not sure what that converts to though... Anyway, if I may add a Copy and Paste of my reply to a 'what slot-2 pak should i get?' question on another forum.

QUOTE said:
Personally I like the eWin Expansion Pak a whole heck of a bunch. It makes playing GBA games as easy as Slot-1 cards do for DS. Download the loader then drag and drop clean or trimmed roms and you are done, ready to go! that's all you do, NO SAVE PATCHING, just drag, drop, play. It takes care of the rest. Also comes in all colors.

First impressions of the Ewin Expansion Pack
http://romnet.co.uk/main/node/146

Ewin Expansion Pack Review
http://romnet.co.uk/main/node/147

Where to buy...
http://www.psxboy.com/782_Ewin-Expansion-Pak.html

If you want to know more here is the topic I was involved in.
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2466

My long post near the end is my little summery of what i've gotten to try. Though I'll admit I feel I was maybe a -little- hard on the 3n1. It IS a great little bit of hardware (more so when coupled with the ez5) but it isn't the only cheep Slot-2 expansion for GBA (I read there will 4 in all sometime soon) and for those who want GBA functionality with their Slot-1 the EEP offers a simple yet fully functional GBA experience.

Yes, well, I'm just very happy with mine
biggrin.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a 3in1 for $20 with free shipping from Dealextreme.com. And the GUI of the 3in1 is a lot nicer. Soft Reset only works on R4, which really isn't an issue since you clearly have an R4, but that's not the point. And I don't know about the DS linking with the eWin. Also, I don't know if it will be supported by apps like NDStation. I'm sure it will be fine, but I would want more info before buying it. I know for a fact the 3in1 works great for everything from GBA to web browsing.

EDIT: NO, you should NOT sell your R4 if you want GBA games. The eWin/EZFlash 3in1 are dependent on a Slot1 cart to work. If you want to consolidate everything into a single cart, then you should get an M3 Lite. Full DS and GBA compatibility.

thomasroberts6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason i dont wanna buy anything else is because my mother wil not let me use her credit card for anything but amazon, and she has something set up so it wont actually be accepted by any site BUT amazon.

Its freakin' stupid, but after last year, how can you blame her?

(she lost 150 pounds due to some internet fraud thing)

jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I say... Best Weight loss program ever?

On a serious note... the SC lite isn't as good for NDS games either. Just stick with your R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol