Gaming does the new update allow you to open the tray in dashboard (by contro

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter? If your opening the tray, your obviously taking a game out or putting one in so your going to have to be right there anyway.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
Why does it matter? If your opening the tray, your obviously taking a game out or putting one in so your going to have to be right there anyway.

I've never really understood it either! I can kind of see the point in that the disc will be ejected and ready for you swap when you get there, but how much extra hassle is moving your arm, extending your finger and pushing a button! It's not like it adds minutes on to swapping a game, it's like 3 seconds maybe?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlxowhd said:
my eject button is faulty and it gets stuck.. nothing to do with being lazy.

Even so, they will most likely not add that feature because it is hardly useful. It may be in your case but they are not programming for 360's that have malfunctions.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:

EXACTLY lol.
rofl.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit I did miss this as it makes life that little bit more annoying to test a xbox when flashing it.

If you are willing to open your xbox you can mod the drive power cable: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668247 (you need to make a switch to ground pin 3).

I should say though that it is usually the little "pole" on the eject button that bends (same with wireless controller initialisation button) so you might want to try bending it back (do it slow and you should avoid breaking the pole) or making something to poke the button with. You can do this by only removing the face plate.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a M$ media remote that has an eject button on it which works just great without using the one on the consoles and (not to mention the power off on the remote is immidate without touching the console) quite handily because my TV's remote decided to go 'tits up' recently, it controls my TV too (after going through some 300 code tests to find the right one.) If it wasn't so f'ng big though... a harmony would be sweet.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more annoyed by the lack of it due to some innate desire for aesthetic symmetry. If I can open and close it with the press of a button on the control while it's empty, I subconsciously assume that I should be able to do the same with a disc in as well, but such is not the case. V_V

What if you had to use your keys to unlock your front door every time you wanted to go outside?

EDIT:

TDWP FTW said:
What? Yes it does...You press X while on the game select thing.

This guy is 100% correct. Along the bottom, it says "[X] Eject", can't believe I missed it...

Thanks TDWP, I would've never seen that...
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*