Does the Acekard 2i have a "format the microsd" option

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Zarkz, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Zarkz
    OP

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [Story explaining why a 6-7 yr old has an Acekard 2i] I was sitting in my mom's friend's car (with my mom, her friends, and her friend's kids)and was playing some game on meh cyclods. The 6 yr old boy wants to play , but I say no. My mom says "we'll get you one of these for your birthday" without even realizing what an acekard is. So we got him an Acekard 2i, cuz he has a dsi, and its easy to use). [/Story explaining why a 6-7 yr old has an Acekard 2i]

On Friday, I put the firmware and games on the kid's microsd, and even named the microsd "Acekard". The very next day, my dad( who is also good friends with his dad) says that the kid had friends over, and now it says "system files missing". Thinking they just deletd those, I poppped it in my pc, and was shocked to found it was empty, and the name I gave it was gone. So, I figure they either did it on a pc, or AK2i has that feature. I assumed it was done on a pc, so I told my mom to tell his mom that they purposely did it on a pc. Apparently, they did it on the ds, which I find hard to believe.

So, does it have a " format microsd" option?

2. deethebee

Member deethebee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no it does not unless he downloaded some un released custom firmware or somthing

3. Zarkz
    OP

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thats what I thought. Then either the kid or his mom was lying, a nd IM gonna bring it up next time I see them

4. Nerdii

Banned Nerdii Banned

Australia
    AWESOME!!

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Maybe one of the kids idiotic friends though it was the MicroSD card that let him play pirate games and he's half inched it and swapped it for a blank onr so he can try and put it in one of his retail carts to see if it works for him. [​IMG]

6. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Or someone put it in a phone or camera because they noticed it fit, and it was formatted for the specific device.

Nevermind, the device would have created folders.

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    people not old enough to understand what piracy entails should not have flash linkers. i hope the next time he bricks the ak2i's dsi bootloader.

-another world

8. Zarkz
    OP

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know, I didnt want to get it for him, but my mom already said it, without knowing what it was. If he does it again, Im gonna say it broke.