Does the 3k3y still work on 4.90 (fat)?

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I figure buying one even now might be the best option for PS1/PS2 on a cecha since I don't like the skewed aspect ratio and smoothing of the handful of games that exist and loading games via the drive seems to fix those problems

Does anyone know if they still work on the latest fw? I'm using a CFW anyway, but it seems like the disc drive is the only way to get an authentic experience outside of just using a ps1 or ps2 that's hdmi modded, and annoyingly you'd need both a ps1 and a ps2 too since otherwise it's pops and the issues that comes with as well on PS2 and the PS2 doesn't have an ODE to solve the issue in using the disc drive for PS1. Since as it turns out sony consoles actually really just suck quite a lot for backwards compatibility in most modern scenarios...

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure buying one even now might be the best option for PS1/PS2 on a cecha since I don't like the skewed aspect ratio and smoothing of the handful of games that exist and loading games via the drive seems to fix those problems

Does anyone know if they still work on the latest fw? I'm using a CFW anyway, but it seems like the disc drive is the only way to get an authentic experience outside of just using a ps1 or ps2 that's hdmi modded, and annoyingly you'd need both a ps1 and a ps2 too since otherwise it's pops and the issues that comes with as well on PS2 and the PS2 doesn't have an ODE to solve the issue in using the disc drive for PS1. Since as it turns out sony consoles actually really just suck quite a lot for backwards compatibility in most modern scenarios...
Can you even buy these anymore? I was under the impression that both this and its xbox brother the xkey have since been long out of production and can be quite pricey. Assuming they even work fully(xkeys are dying)

Reactions: BigOnYa

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you even buy these anymore? I was under the impression that both this and its xbox brother the xkey have since been long out of production and can be quite pricey. Assuming they even work fully(xkeys are dying)
Yeah you can get them from new old stock, they're not the cheapest thing but if they work it'd maybe pretty perfect for what I'm wanting. Just unsure if they work. Getting disc-like compatibility from sony consoles is apparently very difficult...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto