Hacking Does Power Off Behavior Change with R4i or CFW?

dman777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never use sleep mode on my 3ds. I always turn it off, I prefer it this way since I do not use it every day.

I hate having to hold the power button in and then afterwards hit another button to power it off. It's such a pain.

1) If I had the r41 Gold cart, would the power off behavior be different? If so, how?
2) I really do not want to flash, it just not something I want to do. But I am curious, with CFW does the power off behavior change? If so, how?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never use sleep mode on my 3ds. I always turn it off, I prefer it this way since I do not use it every day.

I hate having to hold the power button in and then afterwards hit another button to power it off. It's such a pain.

1) If I had the r41 Gold cart, would the power off behavior be different? If so, how?
2) I really do not want to flash, it just not something I want to do. But I am curious, with CFW does the power off behavior change? If so, how?

1) no

2) no

Reactions: Willgheminass

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) An R4 behaves just like loading a DS game. So no.
2) Installing https://github.com/Asellus/3DS_Quick_Shutdown makes a different shutdown possible: Start the app for power off.
Edit: and the power off function in the Rosalina menu

dman777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this code base is 3 years old. Will it still work with recent CFW's? Anyone use this that can testify that it works?

Also, does this install just like any other homebrew once I have CFW? Do I have to compile this app and do extra stuff? It looks uncompiled.

Last edited by dman777,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see this code base is 3 years old. Will it still work with recent CFW's? Anyone use this that can testify that it works?

Also, does this install just like any other homebrew once I have CFW? Do I have to compile this app and do extra stuff? It looks uncompiled.
There is a .CIA file inside the zip-archive. https://github.com/Asellus/3DS_Quick_Shutdown/releases

I did not do very extensive testing but it seems to work (test console O3DSXL) :
  • FBI installed this without problems
  • latest official firmware 11.10.0-43E
  • Luma3DS v10.0.1
  • tried it a couple of times→ success
I guess the "code base" is three years old because there is simply nothing to do anymore. After all it does mostly only execute a shutdown command.

dman777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a .CIA file inside the zip-archive. https://github.com/Asellus/3DS_Quick_Shutdown/releases

I did not do very extensive testing but it seems to work (test console O3DSXL) :
  • FBI installed this without problems
  • latest official firmware 11.10.0-43E
  • Luma3DS v10.0.1
  • tried it a couple of times→ success
I guess the "code base" is three years old because there is simply nothing to do anymore. After all it does mostly only execute a shutdown command.

I went ahead an install CFW on my new 3ds so I can use this.

How do I go about installing 3DS Quick Shutdown? I see the folder has these files and folder, but I am not sure where to place them on my SD card.

upload_2019-9-3_18-50-52.png

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I went ahead an install CFW on my new 3ds so I can use this.

How do I go about installing 3DS Quick Shutdown? I see the folder has these files and folder, but I am not sure where to place them on my SD card.

View attachment 178407
The 3ds file can be used on a 3DS flashcart and the cia file can be installed to home menu using FBI.

The 3ds folder probably contains a homebrew version, merge it with your current 3ds folder and you can access it from homebrew (either through download play / Rosalina, or through the homebrew launcher cia if you installed that).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker