Hacking Does Gateway 3ds enable game patching?

EsseDiElle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I'm trying to apply a language patch to a japanese 3ds game that I've installed in my gateway 3ds. I have luma installed too and I'm aware of the "luma/titles/gameID..." method, but since I don't have much space on my SD card I had to install the game in my gateway card in .3ds format, not CIA.

I thought that if I put the patch in the luma folder it would've been able to somehow connect with the game in my gateway card, but the game still shows in japanese. I also tried to install a .3ds file of the game with the patch already applied (I found it somewhere else) but when I open the gateway menu and try to boot the game up it shows a blank Icon and it won't start. My guess is that gateway doesn't recognize patched games, just the original roms.

So my question is: Is there something I can do to apply this language patch on my game in the gateway? I can easily update my other games by installing the CIA containing the update (through FBI), but the patch isn't in the CIA format (I don't even know if it's possible to have one in the CIA format), if it was possible my problem would be solved. So can patches be installed with FBI in a similar way as game updates?

I know Gateway 3ds is outdated and troublesome, so I'd appreciate any kind of help.

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
youd be better off just upgrading to latest firmware and youtube the latest video gateway 3ds is redundant now

EsseDiElle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to both of you, but I ended up buying a 64gb SD card and completely abandoned Gateway3ds. For 10€ it was completely worth it and I can even play online now, if anyone's still reading this just throw your GW card to the trash can

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse