Hacking Does DVD+R work on the wii

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do they without changing the book-type? I need confirmation from someone who has tried. (Using LIBDI-DVDX)

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm cos i got 15 DVD+R's for the wii i thoght i had to bring +r and i cant change booktype with my drive and they dont have a return policy for the dvds.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
Yes. If you have a half-decent modchip.

DVD+R Is not supported by libdi/DVDX without changing the book type.
Wrong. I didn't change the book type on mine at all, and they are working with Pokemon Battle Revolution using WiiGator's backup loader. I'll be trying it with SMG when it's done downloading,

mkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AnimalCrossingX said:
arctic_flame said:
Yes. If you have a half-decent modchip.

DVD+R Is not supported by libdi/DVDX without changing the book type.
Wrong. I didn't change the book type on mine at all, and they are working with Pokemon Battle Revolution using WiiGator's backup loader. I'll be trying it with SMG when it's done downloading,

Well, I don't have a modchip and DVD+R's don't seem to work. I've installed the CIOS (Patchmii installer) and DVDx (Advanced -> IOS249), as well as wiigator's loader (wad version).

I burned the DVD+R at 2x (The disc said max 4x), and it just causes the Wii to make weird noises (click, buzz, click, buzz, click, buzz, on and on).. This is NHL 2k9 NTSC patched with waninkoko's patcher exe.

I cannot set the book type with my laptop's burner... Maybe yours is doing it automatically? Does this happen???

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree... no mod chip here... DVD+R (Memorex) burnt at 8x (max burner speed, but rated at 16x)... if you want, I can make a video to prove it, lol

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it works fine. I burn mine at 4x with ImgBurn. Also, install cIOS (rev5, not rev4...It won't work unless you have rev5, I think.) with WAD Manager (You kind of have to, since it's a .wad file). Get the right files here. BTW, are you burning the original iso, or the "patched" iso, since you need to burn the "patched" iso that comes from the backup creator program.

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much! Now dont have to worry about buying wrong disks. last question.. can I use waninkoko's patcher i cant compile the other one.

mkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AnimalCrossingX said:
Nope, it works fine. I burn mine at 4x with ImgBurn. Also, install cIOS (rev5, not rev4...It won't work unless you have rev5, I think.) with WAD Manager (You kind of have to, since it's a .wad file). Get the right files here. BTW, are you burning the original iso, or the "patched" iso, since you need to burn the "patched" iso that comes from the backup creator program.

With this cIOS rev5 do I need DVDx? What version?

Also, do you guys have the same noises coming from the Wii? It really doesn't sound like it's working. Thanks!

huhster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeowMix said:
Thanks so much! Now dont have to worry about buying wrong disks. last question.. can I use waninkoko's patcher i cant compile the other one.
Yes, you can use waninkoko's "patcher."

On a side note check out what is happening over at tehskeen,

"UPDATE BY BRAKKEN: Due to the questionable nature of this application along with respect for [nuke] this thread has been purged of all of it's posts (sorry) and closed. Please seek this application elsewhere as it will not be supported by TehSkeen. This should prove to the anti-brakken trolls that I'm not here to get hits.

- brakken"

Source

mkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry to flood this thread but I have more info...

I have cIOS rev5 now...

When I try to load my DVD+R disk with the wiigator loader, it says something about DVD Identification error and doesn't load

Wanankiko's loader gives me the -4100 error (or whatever number it was.. -4900 maybe..)

I'll see if i can find a DVD-R i guess...

Zarox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some drives do not do it automatically and are not able to be set in IMGBURN. I had to flash my dvd+rw drive to change the book type automatically. I have the Pioneer 112D.

tweak201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarox said:
Some drives do not do it automatically and are not able to be set in IMGBURN. I had to flash my dvd+rw drive to change the book type automatically. I have the Pioneer 112D.

My drive does not do it automatically. With Imgburn i need to manually input it under Samsung to get it to work. You need to find out who is the true manufacturer of your drive, and change it under advanced settings in booktype.

I fixed the issue with my drive by searching the imgburn forums
http://forum.imgburn.com/lofiversion/index.php/f5.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo