GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I should go subscribe for it or just go buy my own games.
I kinda want to but before that, I wana hear others opinion.
Does anyone in here uses it? how is it? how long does it take until you get send the game back and get the new one if you are only subscribing for 1 game out at time?
let me know what you think of it pleasee
bow.gif

Gaara.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it. I live about 3 hours from pittsburgh, and I get a game within 3 days of sending one back. I am on the 2 games at a time subscription. It is probably the best thing since sliced bread. You can keep them for however long, although after like, 4 months, they send you an e-mail, asking you to return it, or pay for it. Great investment, and I would highly recommend it.

Also, you can buy games off of the website, for cheaper than they are at gamestop.

Like, I bought left 4 dead 2 on the website for $20 or so.
happy.gif

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do gamefly for my PS3 since I can't be a dirty pirate with it yet.

When they ship it to me, it takes roughly two days. Though, when I ship it to them, they "receive" it that day, and ship a game to me.

They go off USPS scanners, so they know the game's on the way so they send me another one.

I only have the one-game-plan because I can't handle having THAT many games.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Netflix would buy GameFly and use the combined distribution centers. That's the biggest problem that I had with Gamefly, the turnaround time, and the queuing system. Of course everyone wanted the MOST popular game out there, so it was a combined problem, too few discs, and even when they had your disc, it took days to get there, and to get it processed back. Price wise, I can't complain, go to Blockbuster and see what they charge you for a rental. Then compare Gamefly's.

My best advice would be to get a pretty robust queue.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm so I guess it worth doing it if you actually play the games.
I live like 4hrs away from the headquarter of FL so I probably get it with in 3-5days then
blush.gif

the only thing that was bothering me was not knowing how long will it take for getting a game after you return it but I guess it wont be that long since they check it by USPS scanners.
Thanks. I'll go subscribe then
yay.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved gamefly. I'm thinking about going back. However i owes them monies, so i'll have to pay that before i can re-activate my account (it's been a couple o'years now heh. Yay DMC3 for 360!
tongue.gif
)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend that uses it, and he's quite pleased.

He does complain about long shipping times, however.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, people paying to rent games. I like not paying and getting the games for free.

But in all reality, I pirate all my Wii, DS, and Retro stuff and buy the rest (which is just 360 and PS2). PS2 games are dirt cheap and most of the 360 games I buy are either really cheap or have a lot of replay value. If it's neither I just borrow it from a friend.

I don't really see the point of these "rental services", whether it be GameFly, Netflix, whatever when I've got piracy.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Guild: It's mainly for PS3 since you can't pirate games on it. Also, I thought about subscribing so I could rip Wii games rather than having to painstakingly download them.

My only concern is how fast you can receive newly released games, because in all their magazine ads they only show the most popular upcoming games.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Lol, people paying to rent games. I like not paying and getting the games for free.

But in all reality, I pirate all my Wii, DS, and Retro stuff and buy the rest (which is just 360 and PS2). PS2 games are dirt cheap and most of the 360 games I buy are either really cheap or have a lot of replay value. If it's neither I just borrow it from a friend.

I don't really see the point of these "rental services", whether it be GameFly, Netflix, whatever when I've got piracy.
so do I. but like someone else said, you cant do that for the PS3. and I'm doing it for my PS3.
if it were for Wii and DS, theres no way in hell i would pay for that lol

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Which is why i've never used GameFly for Wii, DS & Retro stuff.

However, my 360 isn't hacked (i use live. A lot. i can't risk getting hit in a ban wave
tongue.gif
), therefore, i rent games so i don't waste money on a shitty title. And then, through GameFly, you can buy those game shit cheap.

You do realize that this post makes you sound horribly arrogant, don't you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show