Hacking Does anyone have a wii mini that they are willing to send to me?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Many years ago, right around the time of my divorce, someone had sent me a wii mini to try my fuckery with, and unfortunately because of my divorce, that all went to shit and I never got back most of my wii tools and other things.

Now, I want to take a look at this again. I have an idea of how we might finally be able to make this wii hackable, but it will not be easy nor will end result be anything that the average person is capable of doing.

If you happen to have a wii mini that you are willing to send me for me to mess with and possible break, then that would be great.

I have quite a few ideas of how I can make this happen, going from the easiest (still difficult), directly soldering to the motherboard to hook up a drive key or something similar, to actually removing BGA chips and moving them over to other boards to get the vulnerability. I also have plenty of other ideas that I can mess with.

What will this accomplish? Ehhh. Probably not much for the average user, but we don't know what we might uncover in this.

I can say that at the very least, I am rather confident that I can get homebrew running on the wii mini. I have almost all the tools and equipment to pull this off. I may need to buy a few things, but that is worth it for the adventure.

Please PM me or respond in this thread if you have a wii mini that you are willing to send here. I thank you all greatly.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez,

pstrick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you desolder the nand, overwrite boot1 and boot2 with bootmii, then put it in the Wii with the socketed nand, you might be able to boot into bootmii and grab the keys for that Wii mini nand which you could then decrypt.

Does the console need to have a working disc drive? I'm looking at buying a big lot of junk consoles that includes one with a broken drive.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you desolder the nand, overwrite boot1 and boot2 with bootmii, then put it in the Wii with the socketed nand, you might be able to boot into bootmii and grab the keys for that Wii mini nand which you could then decrypt.

Does the console need to have a working disc drive? I'm looking at buying a big lot of junk consoles that includes one with a broken drive.
Does not need a working drive but does need a working drive chip

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The keys are not stored on the NAND, they are stored in the OTP. The only way to get the keys is to get software running on the wii (or wii mini) and have that software extract them.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many years ago, right around the time of my divorce, someone had sent me a wii mini to try my fuckery with, and unfortunately because of my divorce, that all went to shit and I never got back most of my wii tools and other things.

Now, I want to take a look at this again. I have an idea of how we might finally be able to make this wii hackable, but it will not be easy nor will end result be anything that the average person is capable of doing.

If you happen to have a wii mini that you are willing to send me for me to mess with and possible break, then that would be great.

I have quite a few ideas of how I can make this happen, going from the easiest (still difficult), directly soldering to the motherboard to hook up a drive key or something similar, to actually removing BGA chips and moving them over to other boards to get the vulnerability. I also have plenty of other ideas that I can mess with.

What will this accomplish? Ehhh. Probably not much for the average user, but we don't know what we might uncover in this.

I can say that at the very least, I am rather confident that I can get homebrew running on the wii mini. I have almost all the tools and equipment to pull this off. I may need to buy a few things, but that is worth it for the adventure.

Please PM me or respond in this thread if you have a wii mini that you are willing to send here. I thank you all greatly.

@DeadlyFoez I just responded to you on the other forum. I'll have one sent to you to work on. Will PM you so we can work out the details.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay