ROM Hack Does anyone have a solution for annoying powersaves error "Unable To Authenticate"?

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
Hey guys, this evening I stupidly played around with my EU powersaves licensing settings and have stuffed everything up.

Every time I launch the powersaves 3DS software and re enter my licensing details (which were initially copy and pasted from their fields, so typo error is not possible) it gives me the error "Unable To Authenticate".

I've tried everything, including disconnecting the powersaves dongle, uninstalling the software, deleting the 'C:\Users\[User Name]\Powersaves3DS' folder (including the 'Powersaves3DS.xml' file, restarting the PC, reinstalling the software, reconnecting the dongle with a different cable and then reentering my license key and email, both typed and copy/pasted two separate times. Inserting different games into the dongle, etc.

Only thing i haven't done yet is uninstall the USB drivers for the actual hardware, which i don't think is necessary at all, yet.

I have already sent Datel an email regarding this, but i wanted to check with you clever people first to see if anyone has figured out a remedy. There isn't a great deal of information available on this issue that i have found.

One thing i do find very strange is an anomaly within the 'Powersaves3DS.xml' file to which the region appears to be automatically setting to JP instead of EU, the region where my dongle was originally purchased from is AUS. I have attempted editing the XML file and changing JP to EU, but this does not fix anything.

This is very very annoying as it seems i have covered all bases yet i am constantly getting this error and unable to use this software/hardware I legitimately paid for Any help is greatly appreciated!

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you didn't accidentally copy a space in the code, maybe enter it manually. If even one character is off, it will give you that error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la