Does anyone else miss the old GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU, Dec 9, 2012.

1. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU
    OP

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    I 'm not sure I like the new one...

I mean, I went away for almost a year, and now I come back it almost looks like Facebook...

I'm not sure I like the 'following and followers' bit, and the new layout...

On the other hand though, I do like the alerts and the likes (even though it looks a hell of a lot like Facebook now...)

I also miss some little things like the little medals under your username (I really don't know why, I just suppose I got used to seeing them and now I kind of miss them...) and the old, slightly larger avatars (now Dry Bone's head and feet get cut off...)

Anyone else?

triassic911 and Vinnymac like this.

2. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Yeah, I miss when we didn't have as many Pokenoobs and romkids flooding the forums with shit.

3. ouch123

Member ouch123 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The following/follower thing is a little weird, but none of the changes really bother me all that much. No more bragging rights at 3000 posts though. >.>

4. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Are we talking cosmetic wise or member activeness wise? If both, there are a ton of things I miss. Nothing you can do it about now.

5. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU
    OP

Australia
    Both, I was referring too...

Well, yeah, that was good too...

6. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    I kinda like the new layout. One of the things I miss was the Review Portal thingy.

7. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Do I miss when the site was a place for insightful discussion, when Guild wasn't such a bitch and when you could come here to discuss news without everyone getting all pissy over everything? Yeah, I do.

But XenForo is okay. No blogs suck, though.

8. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I... Miss Goli.

(In all seriousness I don't even remember what the old forum looked like/worked. I'm that used to this new one.) I also see that someone was able to make the GBAtemp Wiki into the old theme, that possible for the entire forum or what?0

9. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    Possible, I'd imagine it would take a long time. I'm more worried about them bringing back all of the features from v3 (which it seems the OP missed).

10. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I miss the three columns customizable portal with separate frames for homebrew news, reviews and game releases!
    But I also know we are not missing much anyway, there aren't any noteworthy DS or Wii releases, and 3DS isn't hacked yet....

VatoLoco likes this.
  11. Zerosuit connor

Member Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Australia
    Yeah, I was in hospital for 3 weeks, and wasn't on the Temp for nearly a month, the layout takes patience and some getting used to.

12. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    No because moderators and community make this website so good. They are still there.

13. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Check again.

14. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU
    OP

Australia
    Yeah, I miss that too...

Well, most of them anyway... ;)

15. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    i miss when the site was good

16. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU
    OP

Australia
    Can you hide posts from certain people, there are some things I wish to say at this point...

17. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    If the community wants to be better every member needs to put forth the effort to make it so. The community isn't necessarily any worse than it was before (except for all of the puns in the USN).

frogboy and Wizerzak like this.
  18. Epictroll890
    This message by Epictroll890 has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Dec 10, 2012, Reason: Nice duplicate account.
    Dec 10, 2012
  19. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    I've found myself visiting less recently (never posted much anyway...), partly due to the website changes (i remember enabling adblock specifically to block the stupid likes etc, couldn't set it up again for XenForo), but mainly due to frequently entering a interesting looking thread and finding 95% of the time it's already polluted by the same members posting the usual crap barely related to the actual subject -_-

Get most of my gaming related news etc from other sources now, which is a shame really, I liked lurking here from 2006-2011ish :(

Meh, I still donated $5 to the site after it was back from the hack, will have to see how much longer I can hold out before it all becomes nothing more than the trash posts you find at the bottom of most blogs.

/rant.

gifi4 likes this.
  20. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU
    This message by NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Dec 10, 2012, Reason: response to a duplicate account.
    Dec 10, 2012
  21. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    lol GBAtemp good? lmfao

This place, man, I come here every day but damn. Its all the romkids and pokemon, the other mods? LMFAO gimme a break. You bitches should just be glad that I even post here anymore because when I do you get to see what a good post looks like. I only come at GBAtemp to lol at the kiddies in their playground, I spend the rest of my time at grown up forums where they dont talk about roms, the wii u and pokemon all day lol.

GBAtemp R.I.P. after 2006 for real, that's when all the cool members left this childs nursery and when the scene died. Now if you excuse me I am done loling at posts from 12 year olds on this forum for one day.

Bye.

*logs into neogaf*

Punyman, frogboy, Wizerzak and 2 others like this.
  22. Epictroll890
    This message by Epictroll890 has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Dec 10, 2012, Reason: Yeah. It's called a ban.
    Dec 10, 2012
  23. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Yeah, I do. I miss doing this too, but I only found out about this glitch (see attached) probably within the last month before temp got hacked.

I can't remember how I did that glitch though, but it was pretty weird.

Attached Files: