The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
... Play multiple games at a time? or just one?
I personally play one game at a time. If I played another game, I might like that more and forget about the old game.
Also, I forget the story.

How about you?

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
One game at a time. However, if it's a game which I play in short bursts (racing games etc) I would switch a little here and there.

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one game 'till i finish it, it doesnt take me too much time lol, but i cant play multiple since i just forgot the other ones

One per time
wink.gif

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
i generally have several on the go at one time.....tho, personally, i have had issues trying to play more than one at once, as i don't have enough hands to manages multiple controllers
tongue.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Multiple unless it's a really good game.
Tales games always make me neglect any other game I may have been playing at the time.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Raika said:
One game at a time. However, if it's a game which I play in short bursts (racing games etc) I would switch a little here and there.
I'm similar - I'll play one game for a short while, then play another next time... although sometimes I may play fa single game for a while (until I get bored with it) - then it's back to the old system of 'a little bit here...a little bit there'

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right now I am only playing the Phoenix Wright games. Currently working my way through Justice for All. I wish a patch for Soul Silver would come as I will be dedicating a large amount of time to that agme.

Llamawish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im usually playing multiple games at the same time. I switch to another game when im stuck.
Now im playing Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations and Maplestory DS

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
I have more than the attention span of a goldfish, I can cope with multiple games/storylines in flight at once (often switching to another game/activity helps clear the mind for puzzle-solving in the original)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If it's a really good game I'll play only it until I get stuck (I only go to walkthroughs when I get stuck or want to make sure I didn't miss something optional), but most of the time I work through multiple games at a time.

This way I don't get bored about aspects of them (such as repetitive battles) nearly as quickly, I end up enjoying it a bit more than if I had played through it all in one shot.

This can backfire, though. If I come back too much later I may totally suck at the battle system, or I may be lost and not know where to go, unless the game has one of those journal-type systems to let you know of your progress and such. I vowed that if I ever made an RPG or general type of game requiring learning/progress, I'd stick a journal system in there, 'cause I really hate coming back to a game, and thinking I might as well start back from the beginning.
frown.gif

EDIT:
hunnymonster said:
(often switching to another game/activity helps clear the mind for puzzle-solving in the original)
This, definitely. I dislike getting frustrated on pizzles. ^^;

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Multiple

I have Half Life 2 (again), Portal (again), Phantasy Star Universe, Zelda: Wind Waker (again), Zelda: Twilight Princess (again), Super Mario Sunshine (again), Guild Wars campaign Factions & Nightfall (again), Beyond Good and Evil, Devil May Cry 3 and some other games which I can't remember to finish.

How about them apples.

deka01

Trophies
XP
Country
Ha i out nerd you all digimon dusk on ds, pokemon (shotty battle) on pc and watching one piece all at the same time.....

Wait a sec thats not a good thing
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16