Gaming Do you use the 3D effect on the 3DS?

What are 1) your system and 2) the most common position of its 3D slider (while playing 3DS games)?

• 2DS...

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • original 3DS, fully on

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • original 3DS, midway

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • original 3DS, off

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • original 3DS XL, fully on

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • original 3DS XL, midway

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • original 3DS XL, off

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • new 3DS, fully on

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • new 3DS, midway

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • new 3DS, off

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • new 3DS XL, fully on

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • new 3DS XL, midway

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • new 3DS XL, off

• It doesn't apply to me

• Total voters

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
I have no problems playing games in 3D. I personally keep it on cause I like how it shows the distance between objects which can be cool to look at. If the effect isn't that great, I just turn it off to save battery. I also noticed how switching the 3D on when there's no effect makes the display clearer.

Reactions: cvskid

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no problems playing games in 3D. I personally keep it on cause I like how it shows the distance between objects which can be cool to look at. If the effect isn't that great, I just turn it off to save battery. I also noticed how switching the 3D on when there's no effect makes the display clearer.
I noticed that with 3D on the pixels will be idk smaller. Noticed that in pokemon and OoT... Maybe me...

whmchrish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I keep going back and forth on my launch-model 3DS.

Depends on the game, my mood, lighting and how lomg I've been playing. I never experience discomfort from the 3D, but having to hold the 3DS at that particular angle gets a lil taxing, so I keep switching it around for max comfort in the moment :P

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Always on, except when travelling or on SSB3DS or Pokemon. I can play 15 hours straight without any headache and the battery isn't really an issue at home.

eilan25

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
3DS XL here
Mostly off, but sometime I turn it on for added effect to enjoy some game's atmosphere in a more immersive way.
though a lot of the times I find myself getting lost between the 3D effect and trying to position myself properly and the double image that can sometime show....

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
original 3ds xl here

For games that are less action oriented (ex pokemon, virtues last reward) i'll keep 3d on all the time

but for some action games like smash 4 i keep it off, so that there's no risk of screen going blurry

Alcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob alert...

Just got a 3DS for Christmas. Good to find out about battery drain & frame rate drop. I have noticed it's harder on the eyes to play for long periods.

So far I've had it mainly full on, love the effect on StarFox & it's pretty good on MK7 imo, guess it'll be a game to game preference for me.

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I always have it on the lowest setting, certain games played beautifully in 3D though like Super mario 3d land. My biggest grip is with the limited viewing angles. The New 3DS can't come soon enough!

Gunstarheroes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do tend to check out the 3D effect on each game for a small amount of time, but i almost never have it on otherwise. It just hurts my eyes and gives me a headache within 15-30 minutes.

MRsonic699

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I always play with the 3D unless I'm in a shaky place like a car or around more people. It doesn't bother my eyes at all and it just looks fantastic. Plus that it gets rid of the blocky pixels that you see on the 3DS XL because of how your brain sees the two images.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1