Do you use internet slangs in real life?

Do you use internet slangs in real life?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not only can chuck norris speak and understand leet speak/net slang he invented it and in a game of counter strike he bet fatality with only a round house kick to the head, it was so fierce that chuck norris came out of the screen and round house kicked him in the head, and ironically, was a fatal hit

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate lots of internet slang, especially LOL. When I write a text message on my phone I write each word in full with proper grammar because I hate txtspch and bad grammar.

But sometimes when someone says a joke that isn't funny at all I give them a death-stare and a monotone "LOL".

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am rather horrified I was able to partially decipher the mess of numbers up there.

The only time I might consider using it on the internet is when intentionally sending it up.

TsukoyomiMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I use Noob in spanish context:
Eres tan nOOb
Que tremendo nOOb

There's a friend of mine who says literally lol, he says lol instead of laughing

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I am a huge geek
tongue.gif

I say 'WTF', 'Stallown3d', 'Lollerskates', 'Roflsauce', 'n00b' (or n00blet, for kids who are n00bs), and pretty much anything that can end in 'x0r':
Crapx0r
Haxx0r
Suxx0r
etc.

I. Am. Such. A. Nerd.
tongue.gif

rcxAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man... one of my pet peeves is when people use the word "pwn" in real life. "Owned" or "ownage" also annoys me a bit, but not nearly as much as "pwn" and any of its derivatives do.

Generally speaking, I rarely use Internet slang in real life, unless I'm doing it on purpose to joke around.

Even when I write any type of digitized message (such as email, SMS, forum post, instant message, etc), I'll try to use proper English whenever possible. One exception is instant messaging, where I'll often forgo proper capitalization.

I'll sometimes use common abbreviations such as AFAIK, YMMV, BRB, LOL etc, but I try to avoid using short-hands such as u, y, r, tmr, 2, etc. With respect to the abbreviations, however, I will usually only use these in situations where I'm certain that the target audience will understand.

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France
Yes. I use them a lot when I talk to my brother or friends :

Pwn, own, noob and french ones like : ponayz, poutre.

Sometimes it goes like :

"Ptain tu t'es fais pwné comme un ponayz, ça poutre !" (You've been pwned like a ponayz, it rox !"

Lol one of my Art teacher told me last week (in French) : "T'as l'air de roxer en dessin toi." ("Looks like you rox at drawing.")

I was like WTF LMAO ?!
laugh.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't use them in real life and outside of being lazy with wtf or to make a point with own (not the tard spelling with p) I never do as I don't want to look like some loser tool. Hell I don't even know what a good few of them are because I choose not to get into that.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
"Fail" and "own", I'll admit to that. Don't really use anything else, on the spot made-up slang is way more fun. All those who think poll should have an option for "a little bit" say aye.

I said "w00t" once by accident, gave myself such a kick in the head and I've been clean ever since (I blame my friend who can sit laughing at w00tdog for 5 minuites straight
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1